As of 10pm last night, Dooly's, a pub caught on fire but because of the high winds and the surrounding buildings were so historic the fire claimed the Dooly's Pub, The largest Children's Day Care Center, many Apartments, a large Hair Salon, a old Furniture Store and a lawyers office. At this time there is ALOT of smoke damage also to other local businesses.
Such a sad time since Christmas is only days away. The Community is pulling together to help raise funds for everyone, most important for the children who's Christmas prensents were lost in the fire. Bank accounts have been opened at local Banks to accept cash donations. Boxes are put out in surrounding businesses to accept any clothing and non parish food. And we even have one man who is donating his Motel rooms to families who need a home. Donations are being announced on our local radio station.
Right now my heart is so heavy, I have tears. Please keep everyone in your prayers as they will need it during this sad time. One thing to note, we are very grateful that no one was injured. Everyone was able to get out before it was to late. But sadly the majority were out on the streets last night in the PJ's.
Here is one picture from last night. At the time of this picture, only Dooly's had burnt down. There is a large whole left in our downtown.
I am off to go through all of the closets so I can donate clothing to the families.Just to let you all know, they just announced on the radio, two really young boys just stopped in at the Radio Station and donated their own piggy banks. How touching!
20 comments:
OH Sandy - that really puts things into perspective. Here I was feeling bad for myself because I am sick and can't do anything when others are facing such tragedy. I pray for all those affected!!
Oh how horrible for this to happen to your town Sandy. I will keep all those that this fire has taken from in my prayers.
Warm Hugs,
AMY
Oh I am praying for all those people. Even with tragedy so much good comes from all of it..when we had the floods in cedar rapids and people saw there things floating down the river or in sewage our town and many towns across America trully showed our town love..Sometimes we may think we have it bad and then you see this happening you realize how blessed you are...You and your town are in my thoughts and prayers..Lisa
Oh my, it is so hard to process when things like this happen so suddenly. It's amazing how quickly people come together and do what needs done.
Sandy, as I read your post I got shivers and the tears sprung to my eyes. What a terrible thing to happen, at any time of year. I know that the community will rally and help those affected, it will be a very difficult Christmas for them. Prayers for everyone there.
Just awful! I am keeping those affected in my prayers!
I am so sorry to read about what happened in your town. It sounds devastating. May God watch over all of you and please know that you are in my prayers.
Friends,
Susannah
Oh, Sandy ... what a terrible tragedy, especially so close to Christmas. It seems that your community is already stepping up and demonstrating what that giving spirit is all about.
Keep us posted...
Sandy, I just came upon your blog today. I will keep you and your community in my prayers.
How very sad, I am so sorry to hear this. Praying that God would comfort and strengthen, as only He can, all those that have been effected by these fires.
Kim
Sandy, that is very sad. I will keep you all in my prayers. God Bless.
That is such sad news. I will certainly be praying for the families that lost so much. It's beautiful to see the community stepping up to help, that's what community is all about.
~willa~
I am sorry to hear about this. You and your community will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Donna
Oh, how awful. Praying for recovery and healing for your town.
Lisa
He can, all those that have been effected by these fires.
Work from home India
Oh, Sandy, how tragic. Sure puts things in perpective. Prayers with you and everyone affected by the tragedy.
I'm so sorry to hear about the fire and devastation. I will be praying for those affected by the fire.
I live in Nova Scotia and this was on our news!! Sooo sad!
Oh my such a tragic thing to happen to you town. Those affected by that fire are in my thoughts and prayers. Such a beautiful town to come together to help those who literally lost everything.
Oh my Sandy! This post has me in tears.. bittersweet tears. So sad to hear about all the great losses, yet so inspiring to hear about all the wonderful things people in your community are doing to help out. What an uplifting story! So glad no one was hurt.
Post a Comment