How has every one's week been going?
It's been rainy and cold here. Every where you look, everyone is on flood watch. The water levels keep rising, not a good sign. I pray everyone will get through this with no damage. The people around here suffered enough back in December when we had lots of rain. The bottom of the province suffered alot of damages. People lost homes, camps, store owners suffered major flooding and so on.
I wanted to share with you where I placed my goodies and I got
'me self ' some more sweet goodies ;)
Last weekend I attended a Baby Shower down river that was being held for a very good friend of mine. So of course before my journey to Fredericton, I had to make a pit stop to one of my new favorite antique stores.
Look at what I found...

A water pitcher made of pewter and it's a heavy one at that! I fell in love with this beautiful crock. I loved the look of it...and I have been wanting a old wooden box so I can put all my Prim Magazines in. I left as one happy girl...hehe
The wooden box on the side...

I placed the crock in my large red cabinet, replacing a reproduction one. I'm liking this one much more ;)

At this point, I had placed the pewter picture here but of course it's changed spots since...

...a close up of it, the handle is made of wood...

Once I left the antique shop, I headed on down to my friends for the Baby Shower. Our friends know that they are having a girl so it was a very pink shower :) Attending the shower, made me wanting another baby. No more for us, but that doesn't mean I can't spoil theirs ;)
Here's just a portion of the gifts that they received...

...and here is one of the things that I gave/made for them...

A crib size rag quilt. The colors don't show all that well in the pick but they are cream, pink and chocolate brown. Then come to find out, she decorated the baby's room in these colors. PERFECT! I love the colors so much that I want to make a larger one for Abby now. I can't wait for the sweet thing to be born (June 16)..I AM SO EXCITED FOR THEM!!! They have been waiting for this for a very long time. The father is turning 40 next year and he was starting to get worried that he wouldn't have children. His fiance is much younger but when you start approaching 40, it does start getting a little scary.
Now back to some more prim...hehe...
If you remember a couple weeks ago I purchased a old pipe box, it found it's new home here with a bunch of spoons and such.

I have been playing with my camera and now it takes big pictures and removes what is around the main item. Need to fix that. I have been trying to figure out how to turn off the flash so I can take pictures of my prints. I have them all framed and love how they look. But sadly, I will await to hang them up till I know if we sell or not. Still nothing yet...we are still waiting and praying...
My rolling pin collection is slowly growing, I moved my crock from one side of the desk to the other...

Awhile back I made a order from
Farmhouse Primitives . I told her to wait and send out all my order when she had everything to ship. Well the other day I got my package and was sooooo excited. I kinda of forgot what I had ordered...LOL...but when I opened the box and saw this beautiful piece of redware, I let out a squeal :)))) Pam was having a sale and this was one item that was on sale. Of course every time I order from her, I am always very pleased with my goodies.

I also ordered these little bags with spice names on them. For the time being I placed them in my wooden bowl. I have plans for them, but once again, I will wait to see if we are moving or not. It all depends on the houses because I have one plan for here but another plan for the other house. Boy do I dream alot of the other house...LOL. I have the paint colors and plans all planned out...it's fun dreaming ;)

My last purchase was today...bad girl I know! I stopped at a new store here in town, as I walked through it nothing jumped out at me. Well the prices sure did...wowie she had some mighty expensive pieces in there. I told Abby not to TOUCH a think because alot of the things I wouldn't have been able to replace them. The lady bought a old house and turned it into a store...so as you continue on upstairs, she converted the bedrooms into a Christmas Room, Child's Room, Adults Room and Antique Room. I was thinking there is no way I could afford anything in the Antique Room after seeing the prices downstairs. But to my surprise, she was asking hardly nothing for the pieces I swiped up :)
I paid under $20 dollars for these four pieces...I was quite happy. I have never seen a tiny crock like this one before. Can someone tell me what it would have been used for? The candle holder is so heavy, not sure what it's made of but I really liked the patina on it. And then this mold, well, I have never been lucky to find any molds around here so when I saw this one I had to have it.

So as you all can see...I have been having fun...LOL. Now it's to place everything just right and of course right now that is not possible. We did have one visit to the house but the couple found it to be too full and said they couldn't live in tight quarters. So I have decided to limit some pieces of furniture in each room to make the house look roomier because it's not really all that small. I just have ALOT of stuff!
It was very hard for me to pack up some things and put them in storage but if I want to sell, I really need to do this.
For my next post, I take pics around the house so you can see how empty it looks. It's shows because I had friends over and they asked me what did I do with all my things??? So I pray this will help and the house will sell. People are just starting to shop now since Spring was so late coming.
I must run...some cuddle time with hubby and a movie. He's been working very hard at his new job. He hasn't had a day off for three weeks now. We haven't seen much of each other...but I guess that is life.
But before I sign off for the night, I want to wish all the Mother's out there a very
'Happy Mother's Day'. I hope everyone has a sunny, warm, family filled day. It's a day the men and kiddos get to spoil us :) Abby has something up, she has talked about this day all week. She even told me to stay in bed because they are serving me something in bed tomorrow morning. She is so funny because she has been dropping hints here and there all day :)

Until next time my friends...
9 comments:
Nice new prims you got!! love the quilt you made for the baby, I bet they loved it! It will be something she can keep & use forever. Hope you have a great mother's day!! ~Kriss~
I love the pitchter and crock!!!! Those are two of my favorite things. The baby quilt is so cute...you must have read their minds about the colors. Have a wonderful Mother's Day.
~Melissa~
Sandy it's like I can always hear the excitement in your voice when you go therapy shopping! LOL But you always get such cool prim things. Hope your Mother's Day was great. Sounds like it was gonna be!! Take care, XO Love, Fran.
Love the crock in your red box! Great idea! The redware is a great piece too!
Just blog hopping and found your blog---love it! Great pics--will be back often:)
Great Prims and nicely displayed!!
Also Love the colors on the crib quilt!!
Terri
I liked all the goodies you picked up, neat wooden handle on the pewter pitcher.
Beautiful rag quilt you made! If I had a new baby girl, I would probably go with those colors too, they are so pretty together and prim. =]
Girl, I so know what you mean about the whole house thing. Been there, done that, and hope to never go through it again! I have never in my life been on such a roller coaster ride as that mess. It was literally good news one day and bad the second, then good news again the third... sometimes it was both in one day! I'm not telling you this to discourage you. Just hang in there, don't give up and you will eventually get there! Sometimes it's a real huge headache but once you are there, you will look back at it and appreciate it all that much more! Best wishes my friend!!
Wow, these are great finds:)
Hi Sandy hoping and praying you are doing ok. I was on vacation again on Lake Huron and held you up in prayer all week more than usual as I was somewhere across from you!! LOL How is the house selling going? Let me know. You take cae, XO Love, Fran.
Post a Comment