How is everyone holding up with the weather situation? Either it's wicked hot and you can't stand the heat let along yourself or you are in hiding, praying that the bad storms will blow over...
It was made official that we were hit with a TORNADO last Monday. It's actually been our third tornado for the month of July. WHAT??? This was unheard of in our neck of the woods. What is happening??? The most recent storm was the worst by far. On Monday, it caused so much damage, how scary. It had a path and stuck to it...knocking anything down in it's path. Very large trees ripped out the ground or broken in really odd spots. As for us, it was more of a mess then anything. I was just disappointed because it seems like when I get once mess cleaned up, another hits us.
This is what we came home to...my gazebo torn, ripped and caved in. Some lawn furniture tossed around, alot of branches and leaves from the ALL the trees but as hubby said to me, thank god it was only material that suffered damages instead of ourselves. So true! But yet so disappointing. I really feel even more now for the ones who live this all the time. I don't know how you all do it???

At first I lost some plants but found them after searching and looking things over...


We even lost a piece of flashing off of the back of the house. Because we were scanning rather quickly to make sure there was no major damages. The next day, I found the flashing against the house...it's hiding behind the love seat frame...

Here are some branches that were on the ground. Alot of it had already been picked up but still lots more to go. We can't put this in the garbage so I guess it looks like we will be having a fire ;)

If we get one more really bad storm, I will completely loose my gazebo top. We just replaced it this Summer because the other one was 3 years old and sun fried it.
Now on to some fun things :)))
How about some new decor and another Garage Sale find???
Someone that I met told me about a Prim ~ Colonial store just across the border. I never knew
this place existed. Oh WOW!!! I forgot to bring my camera, the grounds, the buildings, and the house are just perfect! The pricing is also really good and that makes me happy ;) Now keep in mind, I went shopping some time ago and I am only getting to place my new goodies.

So many goodies...a set of 3 yellow ware bowls, a chocolate mold, small brown crock, 4 nubby candles, small star redware plate, corn holder, beautiful stitchery, twig wreaths, Old Village Paint (Brick Red) and a can of wax/varnish sealer. This store has become my new favorite...:LOL
I also went to the Prim Shop in the Mall and found these goodies :) I LOVE these flower bird feeders! They are too cute. And this basket, I have a home for it already along with the glass plate and my mini bird.

And then my MIL calls me to tell me that there was a junk garage sale across the street from her. She laughed and said it was my kind of junk. Oh boy, was I ever happy that I went!!! I really hit the jackpot with all the goodies that I got for $20...

A coffee brewing pot, green bottle, a good size bean pot, 4 old cookie cutters, pewter salt and pepper shakers, some real different kind of fork that has it`s own rest, a really old brush for shaving. The handle is made of pewter! And lastly old picture of a lady. I got the frame for .25, didn`t think I could go wrong with that. It will make a beautiful piece of decoration.


...and lastly these two purple chairs that I want to sand and paint black to go with my new table. They are pretty steady chairs...ohhh...so many things to do. I will get to that project thought.

We my friends...I want to thank each and everyone of you for stopping by and visiting. I shall run for now but still have lots of pics to share with you all. So until next time...
4 comments:
Hi, Sandi ~ wow, how scary about those storms. I hope they are finished for the year. Your poor gazebo. Love all of your new treasures, you are so lucky to have such great prim shops near you. There just aren't any in my neck of the woods. Enjoy your weekend & I hope you are feeling OK.
hugs,
pam
Hi Sandi Sweetie...
Wow the storm did some damage at your place. I wish we would get some rain here in the desert, but so far just hot, Hot, and HOT.
Love your bargains and how sweet of your MIL to find a sale with your kind of junk. It's my kind too. Can't wait to see your chairs finished. I just know they will be gorgeous.
This is the Miracle Weekend makeover. I am one of the hosting sites. For every comment left, Guideposts magazine will pay a dollar, to the next cancer makeover patient. Please stop by and read the story about 9 year old Charlie, and bless me with a comment. Out goal between the 4 or 5 blogs is 5,000. I know we can do it. I would appreciate it, if you pass the word around to as many friends as possible.
Thank you sweetie for a wonderful post. I love it. Have a glorious weekend. Country hugs from Phoenix, Sherry
I just stumbled upon your blog this morning. I hope the storms have passed by now. Things look intense. I love your garage sale finds. Good job. -Steph-
www.frontporchprimitives.blogspot.com
Wow girl! You all got our weather! We live in what they call Tornado Alley but we've only had one really bad one this year. We get up to 100 of them in a year. It's crazy stuff what kind of damage a tornado can do. Sorry to see that you had so much damage, hoping home insurance will cover it all!
As always, lots of neat finds!! Those nice chairs will be fun to re-do!
Post a Comment