Monday, March 30, 2009

What...where did Spring go???

Look what I woke to this morning...
Now imagine...yesterday it was +12 out and there was not a drop of snow on my back deck, the sun was shining and the sky was bright as could be. I actually cleaned it all off on Saturday...getting anxious to get the summer things out. Preparing my deck for summer, that I was...well I guess I was to early...Where did Spring go???
I think it may have forgotten to come :(
No really though...we were getting such wonderful Spring like weather. The snow was finally melting, the sun was shining and it even felt warm in the air. But early this morning it started out with freezing rain then by 7 am in turned to snow. They started out calling for 15-20cm of the white stuff but I think we are going to get something more like 30cm or more. Here it is now 11 am and the snow has yet to stop. My husband called this once he got the girls dropped off at school and he made it to work and told me that transports and other vehicles were stuck everywhere. And he also had mentioned that the roads were dangerously slippery and could not imagine why there was still school. Well this is to be expected for living in the Maritimes. But it is like I always tell my husband...I would rather have all this white stuff then have to live with earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes and flooding.

I can't get over how quickly the weekend came and went. For the most part I spent Saturday cleaning the house from top to bottom and was able to finish my projects that I started. Like I mentioned it was so beautiful out Saturday that I had everything out on the deck drying. The sun is so strong these days that it cooks the paint and stain...LOL. Then late in the afternoon two of my good friends came up from Fredericton stayed for supper and visited into the night. It was so great to see them and have the chance to chit chat...well talk our ears off...LOL.

So then on Sunday, I displayed my items throughout the house with the help of hubby. I am so pleased with how everything turned out.

Last weekend when I was in Fredericton, I purchased this fly screen at Winners for $5.99. I wanted to do the tutorial that Char showed us on her blog The Pickled Pepper Patch. So with the help of hubby, we removed the handle that was on it and put a new one, added the paint and VOILA!
For the time being, I have placed it over a candle. But I want to get some pantry cakes made and make up a display of some sort. So that just may be a project for later this week.

I also decided to change the color of the frames that I keep the girls school pictures in. I thought that I had a better picture of what they used to look like and where I kept them but this is all I could find.
I always wanted to change the color because they were almost the same color of my walls. And now painted black, I think they look great!
I also put my whale tale candle holder, another tutorial by Char that hubby built me last week on the same wall. I did a little rearranging of things that were here. I am just not sure about the painting and where it is positioned. But I LOVE this painting so much that I still want it to be displayed. An artist made me this last year and gave it to me. I just don't want it to be hidden somewhere in the house. Plus I HATE adding extra holes in my walls. I am very particular about that...LOL

Here is a close up of it...I painted it black underneath and then a light coat of the barn red on top. Sanded it so some of the black paint would come through and then added a coat of stain. I am very pleased with how it turned out :)
The next item...sock stretcher...another tutorial by Char was hung here. Not sure about it being here though, you know me it probably will find a new home...LOL. So for the time being this is where I put it.
...and here is a close up of it...
...and of course I had my candle holder here that I purchased from Kathy and Stephen from Home On The Hill at their Home Show last weekend. I had in my head where I wanted to put it but sadly I could not so I moved it here instead.
But you know me...it probably will be moved again. Everything has it's spot to go and I keep moving things until I can find that right spot. It is so funny because I move things around so often that at times hubby thinks I went shopping and bought something new. Sometimes it's really hard to convince him that it's not new I just rearranged things. The only way he will believe me is if he asks Tabitha...LOL...but he does not care if I purchased something new. It just goes to show how men really don't pay much attention to what we do have :)))) But I still love him...it wouldn't be Mike if he wasn't like that.

Well this week is going to be a bit hectic and crazy. Tabitha is entered into the Victoria County Music Festival. She will be singing 4 solos, 1 duet and 3 songs with the Adagio Choir. This is a very popular thing in New Brunswick and if Tabitha makes it through the County she will compete in provincials. I will keep you posted on how well she does.

So until next time my friends...I hope where ever you are the weather is much nicer then us.

16 comments:

Cindy said...

That is what we woke to yesterday morning and it continued all day yesterday......and it now has moved onto you! But things are melting today! and like you, snow is so much better than tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes... :)

I really like your projects you got done!! Don't you just love Char? She is so creative and giving!!

May our nice weather we're having make it to you!

Janene said...

Sandy~Your home is so prim and beautiful!
I love the frames painted black...it really makes the girls' pictures just pop out!
I love the things that your hubby has made for you!

Heather said...

wow! that is a lot of snow! your decorations look lovely!

Lisa said...

Your fly cover looks GREAT and all of the other items that you shared today look great!! You have a beautifully prim home.

~Lisa

Rhonda said...

Wow you got lots of projects completed. I'm going to try the screen and the candle holder this week. I love how you have things arranged. It all looks so nice.

Rhonda

black eyed susans kitchen said...

That is like one cruel joke...just when you are thinking Spring, Winter returns! It will melt soon though, and before you know it, everything will be green instead of white.
♥,Susan

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

We sometimes get snow this late too and I am with you - it beats the other things we could have. and it makes spring and fall that much sweeter!!

The fly screen canme out great!! Love the rest of the stuff too.

CozyGirl said...

Oh I hope we don't see anymore snow, but ya never know!All of your goodies looks great. I love how you painted the whale tail candle board.
Have a great night Sandy!
Janae

Leslie said...

Everything looks great :) Paint is so great, isn't it?! It makes anything look perfect.

Sorry to hear about the snow. We don't have that, just wind gusts and chilly weather. Soon...soon...

Have a great night!

Leslie

kathy said...

I'm sorry you got more snow Sandy, so far we don't have much...we had rain, ice pellets and some snow. We were under that heavy snowfall warning, but so far it hasn't amounted to anything...we shall see in the morning though! It's almost April, so we know there won't be many more snowstorms :-)
Love how your new wooden projects turned out, very nice!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy,
Everything looks great! So prim wonderful!! The fly screen turned out great.
Have a great week.
Cindy

big city prims said...

Your stuff looks great! I am really impressed with the fly-shoo, too. I didn't realize you were up in Canada -- snow in March! Lucky!

My Colonial Home said...

OMGosh, on Sunday morning we woke up to the same thing...and the birds were everywhere wondering where did the green go!!!! Incredible. But today it's warmer so it's melting some.

Love ALL your treasures and now you all have me wanting to do Char's toutorial on the Fly Screen....man, there's just never enough hours in a day to do all I want.
YOUR'S IS JUST WONDERFUL AS WELL AS YOUR DECORATING.

Karen

Anonymous said...

Maybe this is the last bit of snow you will get and spring will really show up soon!
All of your prim goodies look great! I think painting the frames of your daughter's pics looks grat! And I clicked to enlarge your pics so I could see that beautiful painting! It's awesome! If it had a black frame too, it would probably seem to fit in better with the other pictures in that area.
Have a great day!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I hope by now some of that nasty snow is melting now. I'll try to send up some of our 50 degree weather up to you at least. :)

Loved seeing all your prim projects. I just love your home and handmades. :)

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Bless your heart...that looks like alot of snow! We've had nothing but rain here, but today it is actually sunny and 70 degrees! Yay!

I love those fly screens and want to try one myself! Yours looks great!

I do love those frames painted black and the whale candle holder is awesomely prim! :)

Have a great evening, Sandy!
Tammy