Thursday, July 9, 2009

It HaS bEeN a LoNg TiMe...

Yes...I am still alive :)))

I haven't been blogging because it has been one crazy month and a half around the Beaulieu household. Once in awhile I would check in to see what was new with everyone but not enough time really to leave messages. I can get on here and spend hours, which I know you all understand that.

I am very HAPPY to say my Father In-Law is back home but still not doing all that well. When he was rushed to the other hospital (refer to my last message), one surgeon wanted to operate the very next day because he was saying that my FIL had a third hernia but the original surgeon who performed his first surgery was saying that it was only fluid built up in and around his stomach. As days passed by, FIL starting feeling better and better. So we were all getting happier and thinking well it must of been fluid built up. You see, he still has both blood clots in each leg and is taking medication for them. So we can not afford for him to go back into surgery right now because it is actual life and death if he goes back under. And trust me, the man does not want to get operated on anytime soon and can you blame him??? But now the problem is, he still has a lump where the doctor was saying it was just fluid and my FIL is still in pain and gets tired very easily. I feel for him so much...it has been a month since all this craziness has happened and he still is not back to himself. And can you imagine, the Doctor said the very next day he would be back to himself. We all are very grateful that he is here with us right now but honestly this poor man can not continue suffering like he is either. I think they are going for a third opinion in Fredericton. I will continue praying for him to get better and to get rid of these blood clots so his surgery will be less dangerous. I also want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers during our tuff and difficult time. It is appreciated so much...

Poor hubby was so tired from working 6 days a week and 9-9 shifts. They hired a part-time student for the Summer and thank god he was a very quick learner. So hubby gets to step out of the store here and there for breaks and now he is able to get his day off work again :)))) Mommy and the girls were having Daddy with drawls...LOL.

Then on top of that, my poor baby girl, Daisy fell down the stairs and hurt herself really bad. She didn't eat or drink for three days straight. I called the vet and they told me to give her 1/4 of a tylenol every so often but four days later she still was not better. The poor thing couldn't jump up on the furniture, barely walk, nor running and would actually lay on the floor crying. It broke my heart, so I called back the vet and explained to them that something had to be done because it was awful seeing her suffer so much. They put her on muscle relaxers because she had a pinched nerve. Imagine! Here she is all covered up in a blanket because all she could do was shiver all day long. When I brought her to the vet, they weighed her and the poor thing lost a pound. A pound on her is like 10 on us...she did weigh 9 pounds and now she is down to 8.
You see the pink sweater I put beside her? It's her new little sweater that I bought her for $4. I couldn't resist, perfect for our cold winter months when she goes outside :)
But I am happy to report she is feeling better, but does not use her leg proper anymore. She has a hard time balancing herself on it. But the vet said she is doing good, so I am not sure. But here she is feeling much better...
And then, I had a mole removed from my lower back, the same week that FIL was rushed to Edmundston. It was suppose to be simple and easy but I ended up ripping the stitches and it took a good month before it actually healed. I was running to the hospital twice a week for the bandages to be removed because the stitches didn't really hold due to where they were. It was located in my lower back that stretches, so that is why they ripped on me. And on top of that, I had my infusion the same week that the stitches were removed. Because of the infusion, it took ALOT longer for it to heal. So now I am left with one really good scar. Thank God it is where no one can see it...YUCK!

But on a good note...

I made a couple business trips with hubby, and while I was away I made a few purchases :))) I found this bowl at a discount store for $2 and got the lamp for $19, originally $39, so of course I had to scoop it right up. I also got the little flower arrangement and the purple flowers. Needed some summery things.
I placed the lamp over here at the entrance on this little table...
I was in need for some more candles that hanged, so I got a couple more and just loved this little pail. I was thinking about planting a flower in it but soon found out, that it would not be such a good idea. So I have it on display instead...forgot to take a picture.
A couple of weeks ago, I then decided to make a run over to the primitive store in the next town from me and found myself some more goodies :))) I had money saved up just for this and am very pleased once again with my purchases.
I hope you are still with me...so much to say since it has been so long...hehe...

I have been hitting some garage sales and I hit the mother load at one place :)))
They have so many old and antique things, I was in paradise!!! So many things to choose from...sure wish I had ALOT of money...LOL. They have so many things to choose from!

I decided to purchase these mason jars, medical bottles and even a old jam bottle. I googled some of the bottles and some date back to 1908. I even got a old bottle that use to have Heinz Vinegar. It dated back to the 40's I think, if my memory serves me correctly. Some of the mason jars I am going to use to put my flour, sugar and brown sugar in. Just haven't had time to get to that quite yet. To busy working outside since we finally have sun :))))
I then was very lucky to get these awesome skates. I was sitting in the clouds when I saw these. Along with these old tins...I just fell in love with them. And what a awesome dark brown jug.
I tell ya...this place is full. And the lady keeps digging it out of her basement. I guess it's full of old things that she has collected over the years. She keeps calling me, I have been there three times now. I don't dare go back because hubby may kill me...LOL. On my last trip she had this old wooden box and I fell in LOVE with it!!!
I am trying to think what I can display in it...does anyone have some good ideas for me??? Do PLEASE share...

And I also got these...
I have been looking on E-bay for some and they sell between $10 and $20 bucks. I got them for $3 each, so I thought I did pretty good.

So all in all, I think I did rather well with all my goodies from the Garage Sale. She told me that they were adding more antiques next week. Do I dare go back??? LOL
She told me that she had another wooden box but bigger then the one I purchased. I want to see it so bad...

And now since we finally have some nice sunny weather, hubby and I have been working outside to try and complete all the work. For the last two weeks we have been getting nothing but rain. In between all the rain, I have been weeding the flower beds, the lawn, planting new flowers and transferring others. The yard is starting to look really nice and homey :) Then in between hubby's days off and the rain, we have been trying to stain the deck. We were hoping to get it all stained inside and out but it looks like we will only be doing the inside this year. We want to have a chance to enjoy the deck before the nice weather is gone once again. And yes, once we are completed...hoping by the weekend...I will get some pics up for you all to see.

We then had to hire someone to spray our yard because we were having severe problems with the little red fire ants and ear wigs. OH YUCK!!!! Those darn ear wigs were eating all my plants and they were everywhere. We couldn't even sit outside under our gazebo at night because it was infested. And now...OH WOW!!! They are dead and we can actually go outside and not have to worry about them crawling all over us.

So I guess I am off so I can hit the hay for yet another wonderful sunny day ahead of us. So many things to do and as I mentioned I am hoping to have all the little things done for the coming weekend. They are forecasting sun for the entire weekend...I hope it doesn't change. And I hope you were able to stay with me for such a long post :)

So stay tuned for upcoming pics of my yard and gardens.

Until next time my friends...

8 comments:

Becca Watson said...

Its good to see you back! I'm glad everyone is doing better.

You got some pretty amazing finds there. I love garage sales!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

JenW!~ said...

Good to see you bck. You poor dear you've had it ruogh the last few weeks for sure.Glad to hear things are stating to look up for you and your family.

Great finds.I am aiwyas lloking out for things like that but never seem to find any. I'm going yard saling today so maybe I'll come home with a few treasures.

basketsnprims said...

Sandy ~
I will pray for your FIL, the poor man. What a rough month you have had. I hope things settle down for you.
I love the treasures you found, especially the box and the spools. Great deals on all of it.
Pam

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Hi Sandy,

I will pray your FIL feels better very soon!!

So many new goodies! WOW! Love the new little lamp!

We had a month of rain - yes, 27 days out of 30 in June so my gardens are very sad looking. Hopefully some sun this weekend will help.

It was good seeing you post again!! You were missed!

hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Hey Sandy! I'm so glad to see a post from you! I have been away a long time myself, but for different reasons than you. I even started a new blog. I hope you will remember me when you visit me, hopefully.
Sending prayers for your FIL and for your sweet doggy to get better soon. It's so hard to watch our loved ones suffer.
Great finds too! Looks like you have found lots of neat things. If I were you, I would have to go back and see what else that lady has! LOL!
Take care and I hope you will have some good news to report next time we hear from you.

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Hi Sandy,
I'm happy to see ya back too :)
Prayers for your FiL...
I hope litte Daisy is doin better too.
Love all your wonderful goodies!
Have a wonderful weekend.

TGC!
hugs-Kath

Birgit said...

Welcome back Sandy, it's good to see you posting again.
I hope things get better for your FIL and your sweet little doggie soon and life gets back to normal for all of you.
Love all your new treasures!
Hugs~ Birgit

Unknown said...

Great prims. Can't wait to see what you do with those bottles. I have a ton of them, but I don't know what to do with them. :)