Monday, July 5, 2010

A little tweaking here...a little tweaking there...

...here a tweak tweak, there a tweak tweak...Ohhhhhh...I think you all get the point...LOL.

I have been playing around with everything that I received from my swap recently from Tammy over at A Primitive Place ~ Tammy. You all know what it's like, you find a spot for one thing but then think oh how it would look nice here instead :) Well that is me...constantly moving things around here and there, trying to find the right spot.

The wax dipped pineapple cookies found a home in this prim wooden bowl along with one of the primed tea lights.

I just love this green wooden box that she also sent. You can do so much with it...the ideas keep running through my head :) Right now for that Summer look, the flowers look perfect :)
Then there is this wonderful garland of blueberries. I think this was one of the things I played with the most...LOL. It finally found a home on my bowl rack.
The piece of textile found a home up top in one of the baskets...
...and if you look a little closer you can see the horse hooked rug and red ware plate with a bird that I also sent to Tammy. I loved the pieces so much that I had to buy them for me also...LOL. But now is to find a home for my hooked rug. I think it will end up in the living room but we need to redo the room. So once it's completed, I'll be sure to share a pic. But here is a closer look of the red ware plate.
The candles wrapped up in the tickle material with some sweet annie found a home on top of my old coca-cola wooden box. The sweet annie smells so good!!!
The big pantry cake found it's home under my fly screen with my smaller pantry cakes. I have been looking high and low for a larger mold and have had no luck. So I was super excited when she sent me one :)
That awesome old crock found a home on top of my patio doors with my other crocks.
The cute little light found a spot on top of my dry sink. I didn't take a very good pic of it sorry. But if you enlarge the picture, you can see it sitting in the corner.
I am still searching for a home for a couple of the other things she sent along. But like I mentioned, we are redoing the living room and they will be finding their home there. We so badly need to paint it and it's the last room that hasn't gotten new trim. I also decided that I want this room to be stenciled. I ordered a couple stencils awhile back, so it's to decide which one I am going to use. We have been wanting to paint for a few days now but it's so humid the paint wont stick properly so we are waiting. And by waiting, it's putting off other things that need to be done in the room. We are putting new carpet down but I don't want that done till we paint JUST in case we have a accident with the paint.

There's always things to be done when you own a home. But it's so fun, I LOVE decorating and finding a new home for everything, changing things around here and there :)

We had a fun filled weekend...both of my daughters performed in their own musicals. They did a one week of Summer Camp and performed their shows this past Sunday. They were busy all week practicing like crazy to be ready for two shows.

Tabitha was part of what they called "Scene It", which were musicals from different shows like Annie, Hairspray, Greece, Go-Go Joseph and High School Musical. Here she is singing the song, 'Welcome to the 60's'. She did a awesome job :)
And then my little Abigayle was a chick in the ''Barnyard Moosical''. She had a couple lines to sing and had to strut her stuff...LOL. You could see she was shy but this was her first musical. She also did well :)
On Saturday, we celebrated hubby's 20th School Reunion. It was fun getting to see everyone, see how they all changed, see what everyone has been up to, how many kids, how old they were and so on so forth. It was kind of funny to see the majority of the guys loosing all their hair. Hubby wore a hat so they had to see if he was in the same boat and that he is NOT. He still has a full head of hair but turning grey quite quickly. I have to say though, he will still look as good looking with all that salt and pepper hair :) We enjoyed ourselves but scary to think it has already been 20 years...my turn is next year...YIKES!

We also received some really awesome news on Friday night :))))) Our best friend got engaged last weekend. We are sooooo happy for them! They make the cutest couple and will be awesome parents.

We had a very fun filled weekend. Now back to a much more normal relaxing week. Some quietness is always good.

I will be back on Wednesday for 'Whatcha Working on Wednesday' to show you what I have been working on.

So until next time...

8 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

What wonderful items you got with your swap with Tammy! Great! I really like the green box! :)

My brother just celebrated his 20the reunion. Seems like yesterday he was in high school! YIKES!

Unknown said...

Hi Sandy,
I Love all your tweaking and the places you found for your new goodies.
I'll keep an eye out for another large bunt cake mold for you. I see them quite often at YS and GW for 50 cents to $1.
If I come across one, Ill pick it up for you and mail it, so you can make more larger pantry cakes.

How fun to get to see your daughters in musicals.

And Congratulations to your BFriends on their engagement.

Tam

Linda said...

Hi Sandy, I love your blog. I just found it from another blog. I'm starting up a new blog page of my own but don't know too much about how to post pics or much of anything else. I'll be checking back often. I have many friends who live in Canada and miss them terribly so it's like getting to visit them. Love your house. I'm sure you'll find the perfect place for your goodies. Come visit me at Dry Creek Primitive Peddler
http://drycreekprimitivepeddler.blogspot.com

A big hello from Texas

Anonymous said...

You did a fantastic job of tweaking! Can't wait to see your living room redo because that's on my list too! I can't decide on a paint color so it just stays the way it is. I'm a wallpaper lover but because it's "out" I stripped it all about 5 years ago and ..........boring! Maybe stenciling will be the route I will take too. Cathy

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Hi Sandy,
You sure got some neat things from Tammy!Love your bowl rack, you are certainly doing a great job!

Rondell

Birgit said...

Hi Sanday,
All your "tweaking" looks great! You got lots of great items in that swap.
That must be fun seeing your girls in plays and musicals. It looked like it was fun!
Blessings to you~ Birgit

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Holy Moly girl... you cleaned up, didn't you? Tammy sent you lots of neat things! The tweaking is what makes owning a home so much fun! =] Although, I do enjoy the painting and remodeling part too. We are also waiting for cooler weather/less humidity to paint some rooms. Got the paint picked out, just waiting on the weather. Like you, we are going to paint first, then get rid of the carpet. You just never know. lol. Best wishes with it and I hope you get to soon!

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Oh, forgot to mention how sweet your girls are! How fun those musicals must be for them! It's also a great way to get over that shyness!