Sunday, January 9, 2011

It's a New Year...

and hard to believe! Where did 2010 go?

I feel so bad because I was suppose to be back and share some pictures of my home all decked out for the Season and I just never got a chance. But if you still would like to see my home you can go to my Facebook Badge 'For the Love of Prims' and the pictures are under the tab 'My Homestead ~ 2010'.

I also wanted to wish everyone a 'Merry Christmas and Happy New Year' and didn't get to that either. Better late then never...I do know that a few of you have had a not so good Christmas and New Year and you are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that the rest of the year will be good to you. You deserve that ;)

Over all, Christmas was good here. I did hit some bumps but got over them. Thank goodness for a awesome husband and two really awesome daughters. Each year I struggle with Christmas, even though it's my favorite time of the year. As we approach Christmas Eve, it gets more difficult for me. Mind you the last couple of years I did pretty good but this year was really tough. You see, it has been four years since Christmas when I stopped working and my whole world to me felt like it was crashing in front of me. That was a very ruff time to get through and after many doctor visits and about three years of finding the right medications, it seems we found the balance. But I guess this year it just seemed harder.

I am going through something very personal right now which is and will be the toughest thing I will ever have to do and face in my life. But once I get over this very large mountain, hopefully mentally I will be able to begin healing. I am very grateful to have the husband and children that I have because if it wasn't for them, I don't think I would be able to do this alone.

Now enough of that...let's talk about what we all love and makes us feel good, PRIMS :)

I want to share some really awesome Christmas gifts that I got this year...

First off, this wonderful primitive chest that I just LOVE! I have it placed at the foot of my bed. In the photo it doesn't show the exact detail but it has square nails that appear all around it and the lid is done up as if the box would have been built back in the olden days.

Hopefully starting this week, we are going to re-paint our bedroom. I loved the green but have had for 4 years now and am ready for a change. I am trying to keep the same paint theme through out the whole house except for the girls bedrooms of course. I'll keep you posted on the painting. I can't wait for the change...

This next gift was a gift to me from me :) I have always loved this print and really wanted it for over my bed. Out goes the old barn wood shelf and in comes this print. It's huge! So excited to get it up...
The next gift is from the same person who made the chest. Hubby gave him the measurements and the paint and this is what he came up with :) It's five feet long and perfect! It's exactly what I wanted to put over my couch. I just threw some things on for right now but I need to work on the display. Just haven't had time to get to it yet.

Each year my FIL makes me something for Christmas. This year I asked for a Tombstone Corner Cupboard. BEAUTIFUL! I am very pleased with the detail :) I have it all painted and stained but waiting for the stain to fully dry. Once hubby has it up for me, I promise I will share pictures :)
I was thinking to put my one and only two pieces of pewter on the top shelf. I ordered these matching pots on Ebay this past Summer for something like $9. On the bottom of them, it's stamped FRANCE. I was so amazed at the price and the look that I couldn't pass up the offer or should I say bid ;)
Also each year, the FIL makes us (The Family) a carving. This year the carving was this cute little snowman with trees and a mailbox that says 'The Beaulieu's'. It doesn't show in the picture but even the trees have a slight sparkle to them. His work is remarkable!
As you can see, I received some really wonderful gifts. My family know me all to well :)

I have been tweaking everything around the house. Trying to decide what should I keep and really what I should get rid of. It's unreal how we can accumulate so much over time. I have a look that I am trying to achieve and there are some decorations that just don't fit anymore.

I did purchase a church pew this past Summer but never got around to picking it up. So this past week hubby and a friend went and got it for me. For some reason, I remembered it being much smaller...LOL. For the time being I have it in the Dining Room but when the nice weather comes and we get our outdoor work done, it will be going on our bottom deck.

We have a walk out basement and as I mentioned when the nicer weather comes, we have to do some work in the back yard because around the middle of May there will be a pool! YEAH! We are all so excited and praying for a nice Summer like last year so we can enjoy it.

We want the bottom deck to be a sitting area because the pool will be right there. And the pew wont get any weather damage because the bottom deck has a top and we plan on building a privacy wall so there will be no way at all the weather will damage it.

At the moment though, having it in the Dining Room, I like the look :)

I should be off to continue some more tweaking. Here's hoping to a wonderful week for you all and I'll be back to share some more pics.

Until next time...

4 comments:

SUE said...

I hope you have a blessed year! I visited FB - beautiful homestead. Thanks for sharing. SUE

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Hi Sandy, I got to see all your pics on FB already but I wanted to wish you well in whatever you are dealing with right now. Sending lots of love, hugs and prayers!!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Lots of love and prayers my friend for your situation!!~hugs~
Loving your new red chest it is gorgeous!! Take care of yourself!!

Anne said...

God bless you!! It sounds like your going through alot..I pray the Lords grace on your situation!! Your home is beautiful ...LOOOOVE all your gifts...can I have your FIL?????
Hugs,
Anne