Monday, March 28, 2011

Finishing up some projects...

...and some last minute things.

It's busy, busy at my house. Trying to finish up projects that I started, last minute things for the house, hopefully will help for the Sale, Easter decorating and a very large two person surprise birthday parties.

I haven't had much time to check up on you all. I sure miss seeing what you all have been up to. Hopefully next week, things will calm down and I will be able to catch up on you all.

The first thing I did was repaint my stove noodle board. It was barn brick red, which was very nice but it didn't really match the other things in the kitchen area. So I decided to change the color to the more mauve/brown color that the other items are. Here it is before...


and here it is after...I know, in the picture the color doesn't show all that much but trust me in person the difference shows :)


Here the board top was a tad sticky, waiting for it to dry...


...and here are the other items that I wanted my board to match...

Abby and I then decided to make up some decorated Easter eggs for display but also for Sale. The first batch of eggs were Abby's. She had so much fun painting them and decorating them all up ;)

The next batch of eggs were what I made. I decided to make a first batch of pastel eggs dusted in cinnamon. When I listed them for sale, they sold right away!

Here I have them displayed with some grass...they make a cute display.


The next batch, I did them grubby. They are rolled in cinnamon mixed with sweet annie. Oh boy do they smell good and I am so pleased with how they turned out! Also when I listed them within a day I had sold the three extra sets that I had made within a day.

...and here I made a set for myself and have them displayed...

I am hoping to find time to make a couple other sets for sale. They are so easy and fun to make and make the perfect display.

The next project was well over due. I figured since the house is up for sale...nothing yet :( but anyways I figured that I must get the next project done. Back a few years ago, I had the island part and the top part of the cupboard done up in prim. And then last year we re stained the rest of the cupboards which turned out perfect. But we had yet done the bar area of the cupboards. Kept putting it off and I don't know why because it didn't take that long to complete. So ladies and gents, here is the completed bar area...

I am so pleased with how it turned out :) I wanted the bar area to match the island for the of set. Here is the bottom part...


...and here is the upper part...


If we don't sell the house, I will have the upper doors done more primitive. I want them to match the other cupboard. But I figured for the time being, keeping my fingers crossed for the house to sell I made them look better then what they did.

Next time I will share pictures of my bedroom. It's finally all painted and set back up. I just haven't hung everything up because I hate to add extra holes in the walls for JUST IN CASE...LOL. I also found a coverlet that matches my room just perfect. Just what I was looking for. So stayed tuned for my next post for the changes ;)

I am also very busy in preparing for two surprise birthday parties that will be held together. My step-mother is turning 50 on the 7th of April and my grandmother will be turning 99...yes you read correctly...99! I had family that contacted me and told me they were coming home for Grammies birthday, it's April 3rd.

I started brainstorming and thought how perfect, everyone will be here, why don't we do a double surprise party for the both of them. It's so cute, because Mom thinks the party is for Gram and Gram thinks the party is for Mom. The guest list consists of more then 50 people. We (my sister and I) decided to make it easier, we are doing pot luck style. We asked just a few people to make up a dish of something. I think I have everything all set to go other then to start my own cooking but I really can't do much until about Friday because the party is Saturday. But I have confirmation from everyone, going out tomorrow to get the last minute things that are required. I think I am all set for the day, other then cooking and as I mentioned the items that I am making can't be made ahead.

I am really looking forward to it because I am getting to see family that I haven't seen for a year or two. I am so excited and I also have a couple of my cousins staying at my house. So I know there will be a couple late nights there but it will be fun late nights. Catching up on everything is always the best.

And to finish off our weekend, my MIL's birthday is also April 3rd. So Sunday, my little family will be heading to the Chinese restaurant to celebrate her big day. She requested Chinese, sounds good to me. Haven't had it for awhile so it actually sounds good :)

The next few days will be busy but at the same time fun. Keeps me busy, that is needed so my mind doesn't wonder. Mind you, I have been doing alot of day dreaming for the other house. Thinking of colors to paint and decorating. I even have a idea book made up for things like colors, curtains, lighting and so on. All I need to do now is sell this place. With Spring in the air, hopefully it will bring out the shoppers.

So until next time my friends...have a wonderful week and thanks a million for always dropping by.

6 comments:

JenW!~ said...

Hi Sandy,
I haven't bee by in a long time so I thought I'd see what I've been missing. Love the egss. You gals are very creative. Always did enjoy seeing pics of your home.

Gen said...

everything looks great, love those eggs :)

Erin said...

Love the kitchen decor! The eggs are adorable.
You always have such great ideas!

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

I love your new brownish colored stove board! The before red was a pretty color, but you're right... the brown does match your things much better.

Abby's eggs are beautiful! I'm sure she had so much fun making these with you. My kids always get involved in whatever I'm working on too, it makes for great memories! I'm not much of a pastel person but your pastel eggs turned out really cute! Really love the grubby ones!

Your bar area turned out great! Love the color that you used.

Have fun with the party! Sounds like a great time of catching up!

Fran. said...

Hi Sandy! Stopped by to see how you're doing! I didn't know you were selling your items!! I became a fan on facebook! I too have a fan page and I am just getting started selling on etsy!! If you get a chance stop by!! I love the color of the stove board. Matches really good with your other things!! Been praying you sell your house! Hey my birthday is April 2nd!! I went to a Primitive shop on my birthday and met my first blogger!! I didn't know til I went in there that she had a blog. But as soon as I did go in I knew I'd been on her blog alot!! She blogged about it and so did I! She took my picture and everything!! LOL Hope your doing good, your prim eggs are pretty cool. I gotta check out the rest of your goodies!! Take care, XO Love, Fran.

Lynn said...

I love your Easter eggs. Would you mind sharing how you made them? I am new to the primitive blogs but I am so excited to find other ladies that share my love of old things and the primitive style of decorating. I love the pictures you purchased for your home and I plan on visiting that sight. I am also a fellow dachshund owner. We have 4 of them and my daughter has 2 doxies also. We used to have 5 but my oldest girl Baby aka Granny girl went to Rainbow Ridge this past December. She was 16 years old. I still miss her. We still have her daughter, Pebbles, who will be 12 next Jan.Then we have Bella Boo, who is an Isabella,(she is a beautiful soft fawn color), she is 5, Sarge,(Bella's hubby), will turn 5 on Wed, and then we have their daughter Cocoa, who will be 4 in Sept. Cocoa is a chocolate and tan long hair, which is funny because Sarge is a black and tan short hair dapple and Bella is also short haired. My daughter kept the other two in the litter, Kenzie Mae and Hush Puppy. Both of them are like double dapples lol their spots have spots!!Thank you again for sharing your home and your life with online friends.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Good luck on the sale of your home!