Friday, March 18, 2011

BowLs, cRocKs & jUgs Oh mY!

I am on cloud nine!
I discovered a new store last week that was FULL and I mean FULL of goodies and treasures! Hubby and I were out driving after we dropped Tabitha off for her March Break to be with my Sister. I saw this store from the road and told hubby let's stop in.
Am I ever glad I did :) I know where I will shopping from now on...hehe

I walked the whole store checking things out and trying to decide what I wanted to purchase. I arrived at the counter with all these goodies. The owner rang it all in and hubby took the items to the car. The owner and I started talking about how hard it is to find crocks, jugs and yellow ware bowls in this area.

The best was yet to come...he brought me upstairs! It was huge up there and FULL...very FULL of everything that I have been hunting for. I started hyperventilating...LOL. Hubby knew I was in heaven. If only I was super rich, I think I would of bought everything in site...LOL. He knew what he was doing when he sold me my favorites first. You should have seen it up there...crocks of all sizes, jugs of all sizes and types, old crates and wooden boxes, yellow ware bowls and such. I couldn't scan fast enough.

Sadly, more customers showed up so we had to go back downstairs. He was going to be leaving for Florida and told me to give him a call when he gets back and he could take some things out that I would be interested in and go back to see him. The store is a hour an a half away from me. It's not like I will be there all the time. But let me tell you, if it was closer, I think I would be there everyday...LOL

He had a beautiful butter churn, very big and in excellent condition. But sadly he said that piece was $500, too much for this girls budget ;)

So now to share with you what I purchased...
I was quite happy with what I brought home and couldn't wait to find a home for each pieces.
I already had a #3 crock but this one is from the same series of my #4. I decided to place my new one here and found a home for my other one.
The cute little jug, found a home in my tombstone mustard cabinet...
These books are so old and he was only selling them for .50 cents. When I got home, I thought I should have bought more. They found a home here...
Now this piece I fell right in love with it. Of course I had to ask him exactly what was it??? Such a funny looking bottle. It can stand up but is made to lay down and you add water to the piece sticking out. Does anyone know what it is? If not, I'll keep you waiting...LOL
I put my pewter tea pot on top of my cabinet, but I am not liking the display. I have such a hard time decorating the top of this cabinet. I can never achieve a look that I can honestly say that I LOVE! So chances are, it won't be staying there...LOL
Last but not least, my flour sifter found a home on my ladder that hangs from the ceiling. I have been hunting for a old one for years now and was never lucky to find one. My face was glowing when I saw it sitting on the shelf :)
My other #3 crock found a home over in the corner by my all season tree (that's not ready for Spring yet). I placed the beginning of my rolling pins collection in it.
Now the best is yet to come...when hubby and I left the store I regretted not getting one other thing that I had spotted and never saw a real antique one...only the reproductions that I own.
BUT...I had to go and pick Tabitha back up on the weekend. Now I knew he was leaving for Florida so I thought I would take a chance and go by to see if he was opened. By golly gee, he was OPEN! Now I had my fingers crossed praying that the piece was still there. IT WAS!!!

Look at my very first old piece...isn't it a jewel??? I can't get over how heavy and solid it was. I was most certainly smiling from ear to ear now...LOL. To top it off, I made it there just on time because he was closing up so they could begin their family vacation. Now that's what you call lucky!
I then figured since I was already here, I grabbed another 3 more books. Not sure where I will put them yet but I know I will find them a home.
Now I can't wait to have more spare money and go back :)))))
I don't have a #1 & 2 crock...I would really love to get those pieces and I would really love to see more of his yellow ware pieces.

Back to what is that funny looking bottle...has anyone guessed to what it is? It was a hot water bottle. I was surprised when he told me and since I found it to be quite different I just had to have it. I'll tell ya one thing though, that sure would be some heavy to place it on ache and pain...LOL.

Well my friends, I shall leave you with this for now. But I will be back! I have been working on some projects for Spring, doing alot of brainstorming and also have a couple other purchases that I would like to show you from other stores.

So until next time my friends, have yourselves a wonderful weekend!

13 comments:

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

O my gosh , I so love all your new treasures but that big bowl is so SWEEET , Im jealous I have the small bowls and the coffee cups to match , so when and if you get tired of it let me know lol hope you have a great weekend.hugs
lil raggedy angie

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

WOOHOO! You hit the jackpot Sandy!! How nice you will have someplace to go next time you have money burning a hole in your pocket.I love all your goodies.

I am curious to find out what the piece is??? Any you keping us waiting for long??

Have a great weekend!! HUGS!!

Kerri Arthur said...

WOW!
Look at all that prim loot!

Awesome finds Sandy,
Thanks so much for sharing them. They look great!

BIg Hugs,
Kerri

The Country Nest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Country Nest said...

What a great find.....can't wait until you go back. I love your crocks!
Donna

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Great stuff, girl!! I love everything...I'd loved to have seen the BIG smile on your face when he took ya upstairs---like climbing the steps to PRIM-HEAVEN! ;)
I wouldn't have guessed that to be a hot water bottle! It is neat! I love all your old books too...I love placing mine here and there, just something about them.
Have a great weekend! :)

PrimWyoGirl said...

Great new goodies Sandi! I love what you have done with them all! Yes, the one piece you have is a hot water bottle. There is a cap that screws on to the hole in the side. They are often gone as they get broken. I bought a 2 tone cream and mustard one last summer. Came from Ireland. The lady had several. Sold it to me for $10.
Jayne

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

You really did hit the jackpot!! I have not found any stores around me that have alot of these treasures, and when I do find some they are soooo expensive!! Can't wait to see all your other new treasures!! Take care my frind, hope your having a wonderful day!!:0)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you found some great items. Don't know what the one jug is for,Anything you want I guess.
Have a great weekend.
Tamera
Country at heart

Judy said...

Hi Sandy,What great finds I just love the crocks.I have to say I love everything.

Prims By The Water said...

Hello Sandy,
Your water bottle reminded me of cold winter nights in my gramma's farmhouse. She would put the water bottle in the bed under the goosedown feather tick bed and warm it up for my sister and I, as the old farmhouse did not have any heat. Your great finds are exactly what we sell in our own store...too bad you did not live closer...I would give you a deal! Check out my blog when you get the chance. I love meeting prim folks like you. Take care. Janice

Fran. said...

Hi Sandy just caught up on your blog. I pray your feeling better! And shooting a prayer up for your house to sell! I know that your health and pain is very important and the first floor will be so much better for you!! I am blessed that everything is on the first floor. But I do wish we had two bathrooms!! LOL You really scored at that store! I can hear the excitement coming from your post!!! Take care and hope your feeling good! XO Love, Fran.

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Awesome, awesome pieces Sandy!! You sound like me when I spot something I love or a treasure I have been searching for. My friends always laugh at me but the thrill of finding that one piece is just so dang exciting! Congratulations on all your wonderful pieces! I know you'll have lots of fun with them.