Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Baking up a Storm







Well today was a good day for me :) so I decided to do some baking and besides we ran out. Not like I need it BUT originally I started out making my Mother In-Law's famous "Low Fat Raisin-Bran Banana Muffins". Alot to say in one sentence... These muffins are to die for and really, you can add whatever you wish. The recipe consists of;

* 3 Mashed Banana's
* 1 Tbsp cooking oil
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup applesauce
* 2 eggs
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 2 1/2 cups of Raisin Bran Cereal
* 1/2 cup rolled oats
* 3/4 flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 cup of any kind of fruits if you wish (This last one is not required...I add it to give me more fruits. I don't get enough servings in a day so this helps.)

Mix together fruit and wet ingredients. Add Raisin-Bran Cereal and Oats then let sit for about 10 minutes so the cereal and oats can become a bit soggy. While I let this sit I then mix my dry ingredients. I then also prepare my muffin tins and spray my muffin papers because the muffins have a tendency to stick to the paper. I pre-heat my oven and pretty much once I have this all ready I am ready to mix together the wet and dry ingredients. Spoon into the muffin tins. Bake @ 350 for 20-25 minutes. Cool and Enjoy :) You can make your muffins small or large. When I make my batch I make them large and a double. So I get about 20 muffins out of a double batch. The only thing I recommend is not to put them in a sealed container because of the moisture they will go bad. But in my house they don't have time to do that...hehe


Well since I was already into baking I decided to give Yellowfarmhouse - Karen's "Cherry Coffee Cake" a try along with "Gail's Fudgy Frosting". Karen has these two recipe's posted on her blog. Well the frosting turned out and OMG...it is to die for. I haven't tried the cake yet just took out of the oven. It smells wonderful!!! Hopefully it will taste like it smells. I used Whole Wheat Flour instead of White because that is all we buy. So I do hope it turned out. Will let everyone know. So all in all...I made a double batch of muffins, the Cherry Coffee Cake and a batch of brownies. Wonder how long will all this last??? My hubby has a sweet tooth...

Well I shall run and get supper started now. I am taking off tonight to a Mystery Night. At our local Prim Store the owner is hosting a Mystery night. You bring along a friend or two so it turns out that we are about 20-25 women. She has games all organized and wine waiting for us...Yum wine...LOL. Through out the night we have chances of wining tickets with our names on them. Towards the end of the evening you have a chance of winning up to 50% off on her items. She draws one persons name. So the more tickets you have, more chances to win. You earn points from the sales of all the other women in the store also. Not exactly sure about ALL the rules. But will let you all know how it exactly works tomorrow. It seemed like so much fun that I decided to give it a try. It also helps out her sales. Feb-March is always a slow month in our town for our local business's.

Until tomorrow...

Sandy

No comments: