I am hoping that fun was had by all during your long weekend :) From reading everyone's blogs, it seems that everyone was able to enjoy their time with family and friends. Along with alot of YUMMY food :)
I can't speak for other Canadians, but as for me and my family, we celebrate Christmas the most. I always look forward to it because of the YUMMY meal that is served BUT also because family come home from far. For me, Christmas is all about being with family and friends BUT also seeing the eyes of the kids light up :)
Now while all of my American friends were celebrating Thanksgiving and Black Friday...I was busy running my oldest, Tabitha to ALL of her singing practices for our 'Olympic Torch Relay'. It was a very busy week. The celebration took place on Nov 28th and what a celebration! I am so amazed on how well organized this event was and fun was had by all even though we were rained out and freezing to death to the near end.
The two main sponsors for the Olympics 2010 are Royal Bank Canada and Coke Cola. So they had alot to do with the program for the afternoon. There was lots of free goodies being handed out into the crowd. Royal Bank had a painter that came on stage and was given 6 minutes to paint this portrait. Can you imagine??? And he used only his hands, no brushes. He spun it around alot, threw paint on the canvas and did alot of rubbing. While he was doing this, all I could think was what in the world would it be??? AMAZING! Royal Bank then donated this painting to our town. How generous!
Next up was my big girl, Tabitha who got the opportunity to sing a solo. The name of the song was 'Paquetville' by Edith Butler. It was a French Folk Art Acadian Song. She did an amazing job! What an experience that was for her. Who says that she may ever get this opportunity again. It's once in a lifetime. Behind Tab are the junior choir that were there to shout out every once in awhile. Everyone was dressed the same...too cute :)
If you wish, you can hear her here. You will need to raise the volume on your computer. Her mike was not turned up enough. But she still did an amazing job!The kids performed for well over an hour and half. Alot of songs done by the Junior and Senior Choir along with lots of solo's. They all worked so well together and were great supporters for each other. Here, both choirs were on stage doing what they do best...SING!
Here is my baby girl, Abigayle also dressed for the occasion. We all started out happy and content but trust me after standing in the rain and cold for a couple of hours, we were starting to get a bit cranky...LOL.
Now onto some more exciting news :)))) I received my "Olde Fashioned Christmas" Swap gift today. I was so excited to open the box. It smelt soooooo good!!! My swap partner was Hayley from Prim it Up! Thank You...thank you Hayley. Everything is awesome and all so prim. Just perfect for me :)))I love everything!!! In the first picture you will find everything I received.
Well my friends that will be it for this wonderful evening. I awoke this morning to snow falling in which it lasted the whole day. I can now truly say, it's starting to look alot like Christmas. Mind you hubby told me that it's suppose to rain Thursday and +7. So if that is true, I guess we will be loosing all that white stuff :(
Christmas is only 25 days...where did the time go??? So I must be off to finish decorating and then start my Christmas baking.
Have a great evening my friends and I will be back this week to share with you all some of my Christmas decorations :)
13 comments:
I love the gingerbread tree skirt. I wish I had done the swap looks like you had a wonderful partner.
Carey
I love the gingerbread tree skirt. I wish I had done the swap looks like you had a wonderful partner.
Carey
Sandy, your daughter is a very talented singer. Who knows how far this will take her? What a great experience for her!
Congrats on your awesome swap goodies! Such a cute little tree skirt and I love melting tarts too!
Everything is great!
Hope you have a fun week!
You got some really great things Sandy. Aren't these swaps just the best!
How proud you must be of your daughter. Bless her for sharing her voice with others.
Enjoy your week.
Hugs,
AMY
Oh Sandy - what a wonderful experience for your daughter and the rest of you too! What memories she will have of that and each year with the winter Olympics, she will be reminded of it too.
Wonderful prim goodies you got there. I alreay love the sneak peek of your home that I could see in the pictures. Christmas is indeed a wonderful magical season isn't it? Enjoy it with your family!!
You are so welcome.. everything looks good in the pics, mixed in with all your great things! I was very happy with the way the tree skirt turned out... glad you like it. The trivet was from Winter Wheat.. see my post .. and it's from Earth Rugs so I knew you'd like it and it's my "new" favourite colour.. to give you an idea of what that looks like. Enjoy everything.
I loved the video and enjoyed watching Tabitha move around the stage.. I think she's a natural!
Have a great day all!
I so enjoyed watching your daughter! She's so talented and to do that in front of all those people...yikes! Was she nervous?
What a wonderful swap partner you had. You scored some goodies!
Your daughter is so talented! And your house looks yummy for the holiday. I'm chuckling here cuz I am jealous that everyone looks so COLD up there in the "far" North -- I wish it would get cold here in the lower 48!!
Hi Sandy...
I was blog hopping this evening and found your precious blog. I just love all of the prim things in your home that you have shared. I love your gift exchange items. That little tree skirt is just heavenly. I love the gingerbread characters. So cute sweetie. So cute. My what a wonderful box of goodies you received. I am thrilled for you.
I have signed up to follow your blog. I can't wait to see what you share next. Please stop by and say hi. I would be so honored to have you follow my blog as well.
Country hugs...Sherry
Sandy,
Your daughter looked like a natural singing on that stage! You should be so proud :0)
Love all your swap goodies!!
Kim
What wonderful swap goodies, Sandy! I especially like the tree skirt. Enjoy all of those sweet prims...
What a wonderful event, the matching outfits were indeed too cute!
Great swap goodies.
Blessings,
Linda*
love the gingerbread tree skirt. I wish I had done the swap looks like you had a wonderful partner.
Work from home India
Post a Comment