Sunday, March 7, 2010

a LiTtLe BiT oF tHiS & a LiTtLe BiT oF tHaT...

...that is what I have been doing.

As I mentioned in my last post, I had to do some tweaking because of the new items that I purchased. I ended up doing ALOT of tweaking and I am still at it. How fun it has been and nice to see a change. I have been moving things around, here, there and everywhere to see how I like it. I thought I would take some pictures to share along :)

I put my bunny candy dish in the little wagon along with a bowl full of mini eggs that are to resemble yellowware with a little tea light that I grubbied up.
And since I put my hooked rug of the sheep over my chair, I had to find a new home for my Keeping Room sign. On top of the shelf sat some remake jugs, I had to move them so I could see the sign. I had these four bowls piled on top of each other in the small wagon. So I decided to put them on top to be able to see them better. I am really liking it...
Here's a complete view of the bowl rack and my bucket bench...
I added my new redware in my large hutch. On the top shelf is pottery that was made in Mexico with Jade. I guess it's rare. Hubby's friend lives there, so he sent it to him all the way from Mexico. There was a third bowl, but sadly when the pieces got here, the third bowl was literally shattered in a million pieces. Hubby was so disappointed :( We don't use them because the big bowl has a hair line crack and we are too scared that it would shatter if it got to hot.
These are pieces that I already had, my brownware and jugs.
Some more brownware and my new yellowware bowl that I added to the collection.
My hutch with everything displayed :) I decided to put all my old jugs on top and I really like how it all works and looks together. One of my favorite pieces of furniture that I had made.
I then decided it was time to change the material on my chair that I use at my computer. It's had better days...LOL. Hubby helped me remove the old material because it was stapled on with ALOT of staples but once I got the old material off, we couldn't find our heavy duty stapler to put on the new material. So I am hoping one day this week, I will get this little tiny job done.
FINALLY, I got the shelf painted that my parents gave me for Christmas...YEAH! I removed my old antique mirror from above this little cabinet and put my new shelf here. I will be putting my antique mirror in Abby's room since she does not have one.
I am not sure yet about the display, of course I will be playing with it, until I find what I really like. Remember those jugs that I mentioned earlier??? Well this is where they found their new home :) Here is a close up of the shelf...I used the same color of paint that I used in my bathroom, Townsend Harbor Brown by Benjamin Moore.

You can see the blocks that I had Kindra from 3 Guys, A Girl And A Prim Place make me a couple years back. The colors match all so well :)

Of course I have been tweaking more then that, just never took all the pics. And since I was tweaking, I have also been rather busy cleaning out closets, shelvings, cupboards, under beds and so much more. You wouldn't believe the stuff that I pulled out and put away for a later Garage Sale. I have been giving a complete over haul in every room of the house. It's unreal how we can accumulate so much stuff. Of course Abby's room is the one getting the biggest over haul since I have decided to give in and paint her room a pale pink, and might I say a very pale pink. I wanted to get started last week but was not able to so. Today hubby and I took all the stuff off the walls and shelving's. And removed the border that she had up. Talk about one happy camper :))) Had to plug up all the holes in the wall because I will be changing her room all around. It won't be prim like I wanted but I will have one very happy little girl when the project is done. I had a couple comment from some fellow bloggers about their daughters rooms being pink, so I thought it over and then made the final decision because Tabitha's bedroom is bright, flashy green. So if Tab can have the color she wanted, why shouldn't Abby???

I have to get her room all painted this week because FINALLY the guy or should I say a new guy will be coming in next week to put up her crown molding, the crown molding in Tabitha's bedroom along with Tab's closet doors and the crown in my main bath. I so can't wait!!! I will finally a year later get all that molding picked up from my basement stairs. Can we say 'Hip hip hooray!'...LOL. So along with cleaning out Abby's room, I once again have a very large pile of clothing that this child has outgrown. I have not seen a child grow so much and so quickly like her. Her friend was over the other day, you should see the difference in size between the two of them. Right down to their boots! Abby is by no means a chubby child, she is just so darn tall. Tabitha never really grew so I never experienced these growth spurts. But with Abby it is never ending. I am hopping that it does not affect her eyes again and cause her sight to weaken some more. We go back to see the Eye Dr in early May, so cross our fingers her sight hasn't changed. But I am worried because the other day I asked her if something looked good and she had her glasses off because she had been playing outside. Poor thing couldn't see, she had to put her glasses on to tell me it was OK.

Speaking of outside...we have been having some really beautiful days!!! The sun has been out every single day and on my back deck the temp has been reading +25 and more. I even had the windows opened today to let in some fresh air. Boy did it feel good. I am hoping that these temps will last to the end of the month because we all know, once we get through March, April is all down hill. YEAH!!! Even around all the houses, there is no snow, it's all green grass. It's looking more positive girls every day :)

We also had a parents day for my little girls gymnastics class. Hubby wasn't able to attend because he had meetings so MIL came along with me, she really enjoyed herself. I had one proud little girl who couldn't wait to show off her techniques. She got up on the bars and not the lower one, she wanted to be up on the bigger one. No heights fears this little girl! You wouldn't catch me up there...LOL
It was really fun to see what they have learned so far. I didn't realize she was so flexible like she is...look at her here doing what they call the bridge :)
She is the first one towards the largest pile of red blocks. She is enjoying herself so much in this class. According to her, when she grows up, she wants to be a gymnastics teacher. Too cute :)

Last week we found out that my MIL will be receiving her operation this coming Wed. So my MIL has been spending some bonding time with the girls, preparing meals and cleaning the house before the big day. Her daughter will be arriving next Sunday at the Fredericton Airport to stay with her for two weeks since MIL wont be able to do a whole lot for a bit after the surgery. This will give some relief to FIL since we also received the news that it's official, the business is finally sold and come April 5th the new owners take over :((((

Hubby and FIL have started going through things because my FIL wont get rid of anything and they have stuff that has accumulated so much over the past 18 years that hubby has been forcing him to throw it out...it's funny seeing the two of them together doing this. And since we live is such a small house, we had quite a few things stored at the store. So we had to make a list and have to get everything out before the 5th. Lots of work to do there in the next couple of weeks...

Like I mentioned before, I am very happy that my In-Laws will finally be retiring in less then a month but so sad to think what will happen with hubby. I know he will get a job no problem, he actually applied for a job last week and it's looking really good for him to be getting in. The week of 15th he will be going in for a interview. He is nervous and I don't blame him because ever since he has been 20, he worked for his parents. So job interviews are not his thing. It's just so much happening all at the same time and it's just too much for me. Positive thinking is what I keep telling myself. Another reason I have been keeping myself quite busy. No time to think that way.

Well my friends, I am off to check out a few blogs and then hit the hay. A new week begins and a busy one at that. I hope you all get the same beautiful weather as we are and off to a good start of the week.

I will be back to let you all know how my MIL's surgery goes. We all pray for the best!

Until next time...

9 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Good morning Sandy!

So glad to hear you have enjoyed some nice weather too! It's nice to have these warms temps so early.

And I love all your tweaking. Your red hutch is still one of my favorites pieces. I remember when you got it home.

Still praying for your MIL and that hubby gets a job soon!!

Have a great week!!

At Home With Amy said...

Love all your tweaking Sandy. It makes me feel good when I move things around and repurpose things. Your hutch is beautiful.

You are one busy lady these days. Don't spread yourself too thin. Remember to take time for yourself.

Still praying for your MIL. Let us know how she does with her surgery.

Hugs,
AMY

TJ said...

Hi Sandy =0)
Love all your tweaking. Oh my your red hutch is fabulous ! I just love it !!!! keeping your MIL in my prayers hun and You and your family too. Good luck to your Hubbs on the interview and will say a prayer for positive results for that too. We've also had some wonderful weather here too. I'm taking advantage of it and getting a few things painted and primmed up. Hope your week is off to a fantastic start.
Prim Huggs n Blessins
TJ

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Hi Sandy.
Lovin the tweakin girl...and that hutch looks fabulous!! LOVE IT! Everything looks great :)
We are having some pretty nice weather too...seems soooo good! Still have lots of snow...but at least it's starting to melt. YAY!
I will add your MIL to my prayers...I hope your hubby's interview goes well.

have a wonderful week :)

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

I love your bowl rack, all your wood bowls, and the bowls across the top of the rack.

Your hutch is a wonderful piece! Everything looks so good! I love where you put your shelf you got for Christmas and the way you've displayed everything. I've never seen blocks with names on them before. That is SO neat!! Kindra does such a fine job.

I've been doing lots of cleaning, organizing and purging also... that time of year for it, I guess. Abby's room will look darling when you are done with it. Yes, the happy little girl that you get from it-- will be worth it all! =] Looking forward to seeing it when you are done!

Still praying for all your family situations. Sounds like your in-laws daughter is coming at a perfect time. It's amazing how God works things out like that!! Have a wonderful week, my friend~

tattered 'n torn prims said...

Happy Friday....Love your tweaking....your collections are wonderful and add such a primly homey feel!! :O) LOVE it!!

Prayers for your hubby's interview!! I'm sure all will work at very well!! :O)

Big hugs!!
Stacey

BTW...just added your blog addy....I don't know how I missed it before....sorry I'm late to the party!! LOL!! I am blonde after all!! **giggles**

Anonymous said...

I just love your home! Wanna come stay with me for a couple weeks and help me tweak? lol.

Kansas Amy said...

I love the bunny on the egg... actually love it all. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Hi Sandy . . . just wanted to say that I love your home . . . I adore primitive decor! I just added you to "Follow." Check out my blog . . . you will see that we are kindred spirits! LOL!

Hugs & Blessings,

Brenda