Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Fun filled Easter weekend :)

What a fun filled weekend!

My sister drove up to spend the weekend with us. She lives 3 1/2 hours from me. We spent Good Friday lunch at our parents, good food and fun times. Then Friday night for supper at the in-laws. Hubby's brother and family drove up from Halifax for the long weekend. It was a surprise to see them. We weren't suppose to see them till Summer. So once again, lots of good food :)

Saturday was my paternal grandmother and mother in-law's birthday. They celebrate the same day. My grandmother turned 98 and might I add looks pretty darn good for someone of her age :) Grammie still gets her hair done once a week, puts her make-up on every morning, paints her own nails and has a bigger appetite then me. Here she is with my baby sister Shannon.
Doesn't she look good for 98? She claims she will live past 100 and you know, I think she will. Happy Birthday Grammie and to many more...

To be polite, I will not share my MIL's age but she too looks good :) Here she is with hubby, he's mommas boy...hehe. Happy Birthday Linda! She is so nice and loved by all. She has a heart of gold.
She goes in tomorrow for surgery, so I will make sure to let you all know how it goes. She is anxious to get it over with and she also wants to recover quickly so she can get out and work in her gardens.

So far, our weekend was going really good. Spent time with both sides of the family :) But then...the next thing turned out to be a surprise for me from my hubby. I love him so much! He is always thinking of me :) A complete shock to me, he took me out Sat night to choose a puppy. I am a dog lover! Could have a house full of them. And I get very angry when I hear on the news how people neglect them or starve them to death. To me, a dog is like a child. So too my amazement, hubby wanted to get me another dog. My intentions were to get a Yorkie but when I saw the face on this little one, it was love at first sight :)

Meet the newest family member, Allie Beaulieu...
She is a mini-Dachshund/Teckel. Also known as a hot-dog, dog. When we brought her home, she claimed my little Daisy-Roo's bed. I know not good so we got Daisy a new bed. I think she claimed the bed due to the smell of Daisy on it and it is really fluffy and soft. But isn't she adorable? She is only suppose to weigh somewhere around 8 to 9 pounds, same size as my little Daisy girl.

Right off the bat, we are training her to go outside to do her business. We have a way's to go since she is shy a couple days of being 7 weeks old. But I think she is doing really good. She now knows where I keep her dishes and the bed. She is just too darn cute.

Look at her :) Enjoying the outdoors, the sun and leaves...
I also have someone else who is a really happy girl. My Abs-a-girl (Abby), she has a new best friend :) Over the weekend, Abby kept taking her outside to do her business and to also play. It was so cute, Allie would chase Abby around the tree, down the hill and back up again. Here is one happy girl...missing a few teeth :)
Abby taking a break from running, Allie going to meet up with Abby...
Once again, Abby holding the newest baby.

And after a fun filled day with Abby this is what she does...
She likes to be covered because she gets cold real easy. Having Abby around to tucker out poor Allie makes it easier on us at night...LOL. So all in all, everyone is some happy of the newest addition. Well except for my Daisy girl. She seems to be adjusting but still is not quite sure about having another one of her in the house. So I make sure I give her lots of attention and like I mentioned above, she got herself a new bed which she likes alot.

Here, we were asking her if she wanted a treat :)
Come Sunday, hubby took the girls over to his parents house because MIL and FIL had a little something for the girls for Easter. I wasn't feeling all that well so I stayed home. I can't afford to get sick this week since I have Remicade Friday morning. Now my girls are not much for junk food or lots of chocolate. My MIL is a very creative person, so she came up with this...
What a awesome idea! Tabitha, the oldest, loves her grandmothers homemade fudge. So MIL made Tab a batch of homemade fudge for her Easter gift. And with the same mold, she made Abby a Jell-O one. Sorry, didn't get a picture of Abby's because she was so excited, she ate it up right away...LOL. I guess Abby was so thrilled when she saw hers, it was too cute. See how the most simplest things can make a child all so happy :))))

The weather is holding up. Lots of sun and Summer temperatures. I think we are all getting spoiled. Bring it on!

But then hubby and Tab went to the Dr's this morning and both were put on meds. Tab has a sinus infection which she needs to get cleared up because next week she participates in the music festival. But hubby's was alot worst then we thought. He makes me mad sometimes because all weekend he was sick but never really told anyone because he didn't want to spoil the fun that everyone was having. Come to find out he has pneumonia. Not good! So he has been put on bed rest! I have been keeping my distant from him and Tab because if I start a cold or get as sick as them, I will not receive my Remicade at all. So we are hoping to a speedy recovery.

But on a good note, remember when I said hubby had a job interview???? We thought he flopped it, well they called back for a second interview. So we guess it wasn't as bad as we thought.

Well my friends, I must run for now. Lots to do around the house and need to hit the hay for yet another sunny day :) Here's hoping the sun has found you all and your are enjoying it.

Until next time...

11 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh that puppy is too cute Sandy and your Gram looks wonderful!!

I hope everyone feels better ASAP, and that the second interview goes very well and that your MIL has a successful surgery and speedy recovery!!

So much going on in your house this week - I hope it ends with you being able to get your treatment!!

BIG hugs, Linda

basketsnprims said...

Wow, Sandy, you sure have a full week. Prayers for a speedy recovery for your MIL. Grandma looks wonderful for 98. that puppy is just too cute.
hugs,
Pam

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

I love your new addition! She is so precious. I feel the same way about dogs, just love ours and I get so sad when I see a pet that's being mistreated!!

I hope you hubby and daughter recover quickly and that you are able to avoid catching anything!
Kim

Anonymous said...

I love the new baby!!! We saw puppies for sale by the side of the Little Pigeon River just outside Pigeon Forge, TN on Sunday and Justice wanted to take them home! They were so cute!! However you can't just bring a puppy across the border so that ended that! lol... awww.. now I want another puppy :'(

Hope all is well soon Sandy! Hugggggs!!!

Dan said...

What an adorable puppy! I am sure she will bring a lot of joy and love to your life.

Your grandma looks wonderful for 98. I am sure she is a very special lady!

I hope that you mother-in-law recovers from her surgery quickly!

I hope you have a great day!

~Dan~

TeresaM said...

Hi Sandy!!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment!!!

Your new puppy is sooooooooooo cute!!! We have a Dachshund too but it is 10 years old. It is funny how they need to be under something when they sleep! I keep a pillowcase on a pillow for her to sleep! They are a funny dog!

Your grandma looks so good for 98! Happy Birthday to both of them!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I can't get over how great your Grammie looks:)

Love your new puppy...so cute!

Hope everyone gets better soon too!

Rondell

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

I hope everything turns out well for you and your family, Sandy. Wishing all a speedy recovery and the very best of luck with the second interview.

And that new pup is so darn sweet!

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

HI Sandy!!
Thanks so much for hopping on over and entering the Pottery Barn give~away!! Best of Luck!
Beth

Patty said...

Wow Grammie is the bomb, I hope she lives forever ;) I'll be praying for your MIL's surgery!

tattered 'n torn prims said...

Sounds as though your Easter was a wonderful weekend full!! :O) How great to spend it with all that family.....and increasing your own w/ that adorable addition too!! She is toooooo cute!!

Hope all is well and you're enjoying another great weekend!!
Stacey