It seems that I just gave birth to her and here I am now celebrating her 13th year. When you are younger, people tell you as you get older time flies. You don't believe them until you are actually there.
My little girl, or should I say big girl has blossomed into a beautiful young lady :)
When I was pregnant with her, it was a long and tough pregnancy. I had the morning sickness all day long. I could no longer sit without using a doughnut (just to let you know, not one you eat but one you sit on...LOL). I packed on 60 pounds which didn't help my back at all and with me only standing 5' tall. I was in labour twice, yes you read correctly :) The Dr's made a mistake with my Ultra Sound. You see, both of my girls were born with large heads...LOL. Each time they would read my Ultra Sound, they would advance the date. So much that the first time I was in labour, it was induced because they thought I was three weeks late. I was in full hard labour for 24 hours, they then realized since I was not dilating and Tab didn't drop they must have made a error. They sent me home the next day. But then four days later, my water broke and she was coming. So here I go again, another 24 hrs of labour before she entered the world on June 22, 1997 at 7:50 am. After two full labours, the Dr's told me she should have been a C-Section because I ended up with 18 stitches and six months later they had to do some reconstructive surgery. She only weighed in at 6 pounds and 12 ounces, not a big baby but her head measured in 13 cm. OUCH! I was so scandalized, I told my husband no more children :) But as you all know, exactly 5 1/2 years later, I gave birth to my little Abigayle.
We welcomed to the world, first born grand child on hubby's side and second but first girl on my side...Tabitha Amelia Beaulieu and she is also known as Tab.
She has made us to be the very proudest parents. I thought I would share some pictures of her as she grew up. Unfortunately, back in 1997 we did not own a computer nor do I believe digital camera's existed. And since I am not one to sit beside the scanner and put all of her pictures into the computer, I do not have any baby pictures to share.
Here she was 2 1/2 years old...she was taking swimming lessons and was the first in her class that wanted to jump off the diving board. She loved the water and still does today. I call her my little fish :)
She then decided to give Soccer a try but after two years of trying that, she decided it was not for her...
Here she is in Kindergarden at Christmas posing in one of her Princess Dresses that her Memere made her for Christmas. What little girl doesn't like dress up???
The following year she joined the Summer Camp Musical again and this time stared as the Beautiful Butterfly in 'Bugz'.
Summer of 2003, she decided she wanted to try this bungee thing. I was scared to death but she said no she wanted on. So mommy gave in and let her try it out...my brave little girl :)Tabitha has been growing up with a very close bond with her Memere (Grandmother in French), my MIL. They would spend hours sewing up things. So much to the point that when she was in Grade 3, she was surprised with her very own sewing machine from her Memere. There was one very happy little girl. And to this day, she is always making something and I have to say she is much then I when it comes to this little blue machine...
This picture was taken a couple years ago, Tab and her Memere...their bond is something special :)
Then in 2007, she was the Singer at her Aunt/Godmother's wedding. We really starting realizing that our little girl found what she enjoys most...performing in any way from Singing, Acting to Dancing.
She is a character of her own :) We love her so much!
For the past four years she has been participating in the the Music Festivals which she enjoys doing so much. This was my favorite musical by far! I forget the name of the musical but it was a French one.
...and as I have mentioned in my previous post, this year in school has been her best by far. Grade 7 has turned out to be a very awesome year. Getting the chances to sing like she did, and perform just recently in the musical 'Joseph....'she is the one on your right...
...pull off such awesome grades...and she decided to join the junior dance club at school. Back in early June, the girls went to compete for their fist time and they walked away with a 2kd place. You can see her with some of the other girls in their group :)
She is one very busy girl who knows where her priorities are. I will continue to pray that she makes all the right decisions in life and has fun while achieving them. She is a girl who is full of energy, full of love, life and makes me very proud to say that I am her Mom!So here is to you my Tab...Happy 13th Birthday! Love Always Ma...

3 comments:
Happy Birthday Beautiful Tabitha! ~Many Blessings
So precious!
Time does fly...
Happy Birthday to Tab!! I remember my daughter turning 13.. it's just an emotional milestone! Hope she had a fabulous day! Hugs to you all.. xoxo
Post a Comment