Time sure flies by when having fun :)
The girls and have been on a three week vacation in Ontario visiting lots of family. The majority of my family live in Ontario and I haven't seen most of them for over 10 years. We had a wonderful time catching back up with everyone and with everyone getting to know my girls. The most of them never met my little Abigayle.
While there, we did lots from visiting family, going to my Uncles campsite and visiting many places. I know this may sound horrible and we neglect our children but my little Ab's a girl did alot of her firsts while in Ontario. Sadly where I live we don't have much to do and it is no where as near as the places and things to do in Ontario.
We decided one day to go to a Campground/Park called the Pinery. Here you see my Aunt, Tab, Abby and I in a canoe...we soon found out that Abby DID NOT LIKE this at all. The poor thing was holding on for dear life and cried and cried. We soon had to turn around and head back...it was no fun! Even though I was getting a good laugh. My Aunt never canoed in her life so all we kept doing was turning in circles...LOL
Since we ditched the canoe ride, my family decided to take us over to the beach that is also located in the Park. I wasn't so sure how Abby would like this since she hates getting dirty and having her feet dirty. But this turned out to be a success! The water was beautiful! Like everyone else in Canada and the States, the heat wave was horrible!!! So we literally spent the whole afternoon in the water. The minute you got out, you would start sweating. I think the humidex was what made it so bad. So the beach turned out to be perfect and my little Ab's a girl I think enjoyed it the most :)
We made it over to my Uncles Campsite a couple times and this was also a fun place for children. It had a little petting zoo, a pond full of fish, two swimming pools and parks all over. The girls discovered that this thing called the bouncy pillow was tons of fun.
We really enjoyed visiting family in Sarnia and before we headed to Toronto to visit with more family for the second half of our vacation, I had to get a picture all the kids. We have never been all together, all of Mom and Dad's grandchildren all at once. So for a special surprise, I will be getting this picture enlarged for Mom and Dad. I know they will treasure it :)Please meet the Cassista clan :) The three boys in the back are my brothers sons, my two girls and my sister's two little one's. This Fall, my brother will once again be a father so we once again need a updated picture. Bur for now, this one is perfect :)
Here the girls are right smack downtown...living up the life ;)
Here's my little Abby...getting ready to head to the park. I can't get over how she lost so much weight while we were on vacation. Normally this little girl has a hardy appetite but while were on vacation, she hardly ate. I am thinking it had to with the heat. To be honest, none of us really ate much at all. How could you in this heat??? Instead, we kept filling ourselves up on water...
And once again, another one of Abby's firsts, the subways underground. Here she is with her cousin Logan. She thought this was the most amazing thing. To me they were fine when they weren't packed full. BUT when they were packed with people I could of had a melt down. Not the life style I dreamed of. The people in Toronto do this on a daily basis...not sure how they do it but I guess you would end up getting use to it.
Our vacation was finally winding down and boy was I ever happy. Hubby could not go to Ontario with the girls and I so we all were getting very anxious to head home...Here we are saying Goodbye Big City...
Goodbye...
...now are you all still with me??? This is turning out to be a longer post then I thought...I am almost finished...just hang in ;)We left last Sunday morning to head home and as I said we were all very anxious. I missed hubby sooooo much, we have never been separated for so long. This was way too long! But I was also anxious to get home and sleep in my very own bed. And how could I not mention to my two fur babies. Boy did I miss them like crazy.
But sadly no more then an hour on the road, my little Abby started complaining that she had a nasty headache and wasn't feeling so hot. Before we knew it, she was sick! I thought, oh great!!! We had to keep pulling over to get rid of the bags. Finally on our last stop in Ontario, my sister asked the Kentucky Fried Chicken place for a bucket. A much better idea then paper and plastic bags. She looked so pitiful! But boy do I ever have to say, even though she was so very sick, she was a perfect passenger.
My nephew, Logan decided to come to New Brunswick for a small vacation himself. He has never been here before and wanted to see where we lived. Boy he didn't realize he would be in the car for 13 hours...LOL. I had to take this picture because I have no idea at all how Tabitha managed to sleep sitting up...LOL. She was holding Abby's sick bag...How does one sleep this way...
Thank Goodness by supper time, Abby was feeling much better. She just wouldn't eat and could you blame the poor thing??? We arrived home at 11pm and boy were we all so happy. But I think hubby was the one who was the most anxious out of all of us :))))When I arrived home, I had a couple packages waiting for me. Do you think I could wait and open it them the next day??? I don't think so :) I ripped them open and was so pleased to find my order.
I ordered two thermostat covers and they are just perfect!!! Along with that I had purchased this mini chair before I had left for Ontario. I love my new goodies ALOT!!!
I did want to leave you all with one last picture...Does anyone know what is wrong with this picture??? We saw this place while in Sarnia visiting and just had to snap a pic....

5 comments:
HI Sandy!
I am glad you MOSTLY had a great vacation. it is too bad it was so hot though. I bet it was so good to be home again!
Can't wait to see your bath done up with the paper and what you are painting the peppercorn paint!!
Wonderful family adventure Sandy! Thanks so much for sharing. Ab & Tabs will remember it forever I'm sure...Beautiful pics and I love your new chair & wallpaper. oh my that tree..how do they do it??
Summer bliss to you, Misi
I'm puzzled by the tree myself...hmmmmmm LOL It looked like a very fun vacation! Lots of water fun! I used to get car sick when I was young...so I know the feeling. Yuk. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us!
Hey Sandy!! Can you believe that August is half over now!! Geesh!! Where has the summer gone?? I tell ya....faster and faster every year!!
Your travels look wonderful....glad you had such a great time...family, sun, water.....no better combination!! :O)
Happy Monday!!
Stacey
Hi Sandy, so awesome to hear that you guys had such fun!! Your girls are adorable!! I thought of you again as I went back to Lake Huron for a week, our last vacation of the year!! I wish I had your energy to get so many things done around the house!! I am getting a new creating/craft room but it's been to darn hot to finish it!! That's why I loved being on Lake Huron!!! Hope your feeling good take care, XO Fran.
Post a Comment