Thursday, September 18, 2008

A second blog in one day! Am I sick??? Naw...

I know a second blog in one day? I must be sick??? Nope!

I wanted to make sure to share with everyone my gift that I won from Rondell over at Tomatoe Creek Prims. I had won second place in her Fall Giveaway and was so very excited! She sent it out and it was received last week. But you see I have a American address for things like this and other things that I order to sell. Makes life a whole lot easier and cheaper on shipping. So we don't go over to Maine often but I was able to convince hubby to go tonight because I really wanted my package. Thanks a million Rondell!!! I and the rest of the family love it! Now where do I put it...LOL. I am sure it will change places many times before I find it's permenant home...hehe.
I have been wanting one of these lights for a very long time and VOILA finally got one. Not sure where to put it so it will be plugged in. Not outside but inside...HUM!!! It's huge, I have to find a home for it so of course it will change places before I find that right spot.
And lastly...I completely forgot to show everyone my black cat with crow all finished. It looks so cute and was the hardest project that I took on so far. I could of maybe done something different with the witch hats but you learn from experience, RIGHT??? I also found a pattern to make candle sleeves. These sleeves are made only for 16 oz candles, so I had none to try them on but I was thinking they would make great x-mas gifts. I have two more to make. Now I know how to back stitch correctly.

Well I am outa here...
I will check back later with everyone...
Sandy

14 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Very cool....I enjoy your blog.
Rondell is pretty nice and herwork is great. I love prims...

basketsnprims said...

Congrats on winning such a great prize. I think your cat is very cute. I have that same pattern somewhere. Don't feel bad, I posted twice yesterday, too.

Pam

Pam B said...

Sandy -

Congratulations! What wonderful goodies!

Pam

Leslie said...

Very cute goodies! I hope you find the perfect spots....

Have a great day!

Leslie

Anonymous said...

Love your goodies! Rondell's sticheries are wonderful! And I love your light too! That is awesome!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Love all your new treasures! The Paul Rever Lantern is wonderful and anything Rondell makes is great.And your cat and crow is adorable. Fun post!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

What great goodies, you got there! That light is fun, can't wait to see where you put it! Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Ohhhh....I love the goodies...love that light especially!

Debbi said...

Congrats on your win. I recently won a blog giveaway and love my gifts also. I love that light, if you can't find a spot for it, I sure can..lol

I made a cat & crow like that last year. I wasn't too happy with the way mine turned out either, and it was a hard pattern to do.

Justina said...

Sandy- I too loved my gifts from Rondell! She did great work. Congrats on 2nd place :0) I love your prim CAT. Have great day! J

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Love all your new goodies!! Rondell does great work too!!! Take care!~Wendy

Back in the Day said...

Love that tin light! Thanks for sharing your great prizes - they are adorable!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Hi Sandy!
I'm so glad you love it and I know it will look great anywhere you decide to put it, your house looks so prim for the fall months.
I didn't make the door hanger I bought that at JoAnn Fabrics:) I think it is made from wool felt, I just was so surprised that JoAnn's sold these but didn't have wool felt to sell at the store.
Oh, and I used hot glue for the paper on the back of the frame only because it's all I had:)
Have a great evening.
Rondell

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

Sandy - your black cat and crow looks fabulous - coincidentally - Iam working on that very pattern this evening!!! I still need to make the witche's hats and super grunge the crow and cat and attach them ......your's look great!!

Neenee