Wednesday, September 24, 2008

~ Whatcha Working On Wednesday ~

Hello Everyone...

What a busy day we had...

Today did not feel like a Fall day at all, more like a beautiful Summer day :)

Hubby and I were busy working away at Tabitha's bedroom today and we have come a long way since we began Saturday after supper. I have a few pictures to share with you. Here you see the colors but they don't show as bright as they really are. They are two shades of lime green, which look really good together. As I mentioned before her bedroom is not Prim like the rest of my house but that is OK. I still LOVE it and most important, she LOVES it!
Mike still has to put the frame around the closet and then attach the doors. So hopefully by next week they will be going up. On October the 1st someone is coming over to install her new carpet and another person to install the crown molding. I can not wait because I am starting to go crazy to see her room all upside down and she feels the same as I.
The other project that I got myself into are the butterflies that are flying all over her room. They go completely around the entire bedroom but don't they look cute???
But this is really the big thing...I even added lines to make them look like they are flying in the air...
What do you think??? It actually looks really nice. I have completed the lower ones and called it quits for the night but will finish the upper ones tomorrow.

And then since it was such a beautiful day...once both of the girls came home from school we went to pick our pumpkins to decorate the front porch. There were so many to choose from and the girls wanted to pick them themselves...we got some really nice pictures...

There was also a really cute set up with pumpkins there. The husband and wife made a display with all their grandchildren. The pumpkin people all had names...I thought that was so cute :)
So we eventually made it home and got the front porch all decorated. I am pleased with how it looks. But mind you I think I am going to add a couple more pumpkins...but don't tell hubby...hehe...and of course my little Daisy had to jump into the picture.
Here is what it looks like at night...
What a full day we all had. I am so pleased that my front porch is all done so now we can enjoy it for awhile.

Until next time...
Sandy

15 comments:

Julie said...

You butterflies look amazing. That must be very time consuming. I love your porch and pumpkins. Isn't fall great? Have a great night. julie

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Tabitha's room is so cute!!! The colors are so fresh!! Your butterflies look so great on the walls, I can see why she is so excited, a girl's dream room!!
My neice who is 6 is getting her room redone and hers is hot pink walls with white and black accents!!
The pumpkin grandkids are so adorable and the girls look so cute sitting among them!:0)
It was warmer here today as ell just right!! Glad you had a good day!!~Wendy

Debra said...

The bedroom is looking great! and your porch looks wonderful!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

You certainly were busy, my friend! Your daughter must be so excited about her "new" room :) My kids' rooms aren't really prim either, but I really love them too...

And your outdoor decor is so inviting! Enjoy it...

JenW!~ said...

Room looks very cute. Great job on the butterflies. LOVE your front porch. wanna come decorate mine. LOL We go next weekend to get our pumpkins picked out.

Leslie said...

Your fall decorating looks great :)

Tabitha's room is so cute! Very nice! I totally believe in letting our kids decorate their rooms in ways that resemble them :) Aften's room is totally different from the rest of the house, too, but it's her room and she LOVES it. I also like that I get to do something different with her.

Have a great day!

Leslie

Tina said...

I feel so fall-ish after my visit here.
first time visitor to your blog.
I'll be back
T

Birgit said...

Your front porch is adorable and so are the pictures of your girls in the pumpkin patch! I still haven't gotten any pumpkins for my front porch yet. Maybe this weekend.
Your daughter's room is so cute and the color is so lively for a little girl. Just perfect! I'll bet she especially likes the butterflies.
Hugs~ Birgit

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Sandy~ Your porch is so welcoming you did a terrific job. Just wanted to let you know that I had such a great response in my fall giveaway that I'm giving away 3 prizes and you are a winner. Just drop me a line.
gsjackson1962@yahoo.com
Congrats,
Ginger

Back in the Day said...

Her room is sooooooo cute! I love the butterflies! My daughter is wanting a wild color scheme in her room and I know it isn't going to match the prim look for the rest of the house - but - oh well!

Anonymous said...

I love the room colors and the butterflies! Your DD is going to love being in her new room!
And your porch looks great! I enjoyed seeing your pumpkin picking pictures too.

Anonymous said...

Your front porch looks great!
I remember when my girls were little that they loved to pick out their own pumpkins. Going to the apple orchard was another trip they looked forward to as well.
Lovely blog...I will drop by again for sure!
Jackie from The Red Door in Kemptville Ontario

Lin said...

Hi,

I am fairly new to blogging and I have to ask...how do you post your pictures so they appear throughout your posting rather than just at the top? I have struggled with trying to decipher this out to absolutely no avail. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Lin

~Star Spangled Pretties~ said...

Your porch looks wonderful and I love the butterflies on the walls in your daughters room. I also love your old school desk- I have one just like it and its just perfect to sit dolls on (I have to be careful cuz my 2 yr old boy tries to get them sometimes..LOL)

Jody

Anonymous said...

Your front porch looks great. I havent' pulled out any of my fall decorations or the white and green gourds I love so much. I need to get busy this weekend when hubby is away in Germany next week.
Love all your great pics :)