We are having some really weird temperatures around here. Tonight we are getting very high winds with rain...melting what snow we have. But many parking lots are nothing but skating rinks. The weather is also very mild, you can actually go outside without a coat. Makes me wonder will we have snow for Christmas? I hope so...it don't feel like Christmas without the snow. I am really hoping that the families who have lost power and received damages over the weekend are not getting more terrible weather. I am really praying for all of you out there.
Over the weekend it was actually quiet around here. I did a major house cleaning and organization BUT did squeeze in sometime with the girls. We made these really cute little lanterns. Tabitha chose a penguin and Abby wanted a snowman. With some help from Mommy due to using the hot glue gun they turned out rather cute :) The girls took them and hung them from their lights in their bedrooms. Abby was actually more excited then Tabitha only because Tabitha is getting older and wants to do BIG girl things.
I shall run for now so I can check out some blogs before heading off to bed. I hope everyone is safe and sound in their warm comfy homes and for those who can not return home yet, you are in my thoughts and prayers and I truly hope you will be home for the Holidays.
14 comments:
Such cute creations! I can't wait to see all of the handmade gifts, too!
We've had crazy weather here as well. First the ice storm. Then incredibly cold temps and today it was 55ยบ F! It felt like spring! Now they are predicting snow for Wed. and Fri. But that's New England for you!
I hope your week is off to a great start, Sandy!
Those are cute... Sounds like you've been a busy girl...
We are having some crazy weather too. We are sitting at 50 degrees right now at 6 am, and I think one day this week, we are gonna hit 70 for a high. Of course it is still fall right? That's what I keep tellin myself anyway....
I hope it gets cold in time for Christmas.
Those are too cute!
I can't wait to see the handmade goodies :)
Have a wonderful day, Sandy!
holiday hugs to ya-
Kath
Very cute lanterns! And I bet the gifts are going to be awesome! I think it is wonderful that you are teaching your girls to give of themselves and make things. That's awesome!
And I can;t stop looking at your tree in the photo above. It is so adorable!
Have a great week!
those are some cute lanterns! Sounds like yu=our girls had fun making them.
Hello! I am so happy I can see your blog again. My hubby worked on it last night for me. Your decorations look great! Very neat ornaments your Father in law made you. Have a great day. God bless, Jamie
i JUST LOVE YOUR DECORATIONS. i ADORE pRIM BUT HERE IN THE SOUTERN MOST SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE iM PRETTY MUCH ON MY OWN IN THAT STYLE SO i AM SUBTLY CREEPING IT IN! yOUR PHOTS HAVE DEFINATELY GIVEN ME INSPIRATION. lOVE THE LANTERNS, ITS GREAT TO DO THINGS WITH THE KIDS!
lOVE cHERRY
That is just to cute! What wonderful memories your girls will have that they will share with their children.
Aww the lanterns are soo cute!! Weather here is wierd too, way to early to be getting the ice we have been, at least for Tennessee...thanks for stoppin by my blog btw..stay warm!
Very cute!! Handmade gifts are the best. Have a great day. Julie
Sandy, the lanterns are so cute! The girls look so cute. What are they made of anyway????
Karen
Those lanterns are the cutest! How sweet. Can't wait to see what homemade gifts you get, please do share some pics! LOVE your blog!
Laura
Oh what cute lanterns. did you make them froma pattern or just on your own? Look forward to seeing the gifts she made.
These are the cutest lanterns. It's great that you have two creative girls like their mama!! Can't wait to see pictures of the gifts they made (and your gift too). YOUR TREE IS BEAUTIFUL!!
Post a Comment