Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to the Man I LOVE!

...that is right...it is my only man's birthday :)
Only man meaning we have no boys :) Here, Mike is pictured with our girls. They were all dressed for the Wedding of Mike's sister. All three of them were in the Wedding. I love this picture so much...daddy with his girls :)
Abigayle came three days before her daddy's birthday. I think daddy was really hoping she would came on his day but you all know how mother nature works. When its time, its time...

You know it is so funny how we met 17 years ago...
We met through the same friends BUT let me tell you, I was very scared of him...LOL.
He was kind of scruffy looking and a very quiet guy. No body by all means that I would of dated during my High School years :)

But as time went on, I got to know him rather well. It just goes to show that you never should judge someone by how they look AT ALL! I learned that he was a very good listener and a really gentle guy. We ended up falling for each other and well the rest is history... :)))))

I am so lucky to have this most wonderful man in my life. He is my best friend, husband and father to our girls. He is the most gentle person that you could ever meet. He is a good listener, helper and provider. We have been through so much together over the years and honestly I don't think just anyone would of stood by me with everything that has and still is going on. You know, all the years that we have been together...we never really had a BIG fight. Don't get me wrong, we do, do the typical couple arguments and such but never have we had a full blown fight. As his mother says...he is a lover not a fighter. And I have to say that is so very true.

I LOVE this man with all my heart and I am very grateful that I found such a wonderful guy. He gets along so great with my parents which was something as a young girl, I always dreamed that my Father and Husband could be good or best friends. And they are...that means so much to me.

So today I dedicate my blog to the Man I love and I wish him a "Happy Birthday" and many more!!! Love you Honey :)

18 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Happy Birthday to you dear hubby!! He sounds like a wonderful man. I am so glad you gave him a second chance!!

Becca Watson said...

Happy birthday to your hubby!!!♥

Janene said...

Sandy!
I hope you don't mind me saying this, but your husband is a hottie and your two girls are absolutely adorable!
Have a great weekend with the Birthday Boy!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

What a sweet post, Sandy! Happy Birthday to your one and only!

Stay warm and have a great weekend!

Heather said...

how very sweet! Happy birthday to your hubby indeed!

basketsnprims said...

Sandy, Happy Birthday to your hubby. Such a lovely post that you have dedicated to him. Enjoy the weekend and stay warm.

Pam

Julie said...

What a sweet post. Also, thanks for the Valentine ideas--how fun. I want to do that this year. At least some of it. The girls would love it. Have a great weekend. Julie

Teresa said...

Sandy:

I have to agree with Janene..your hubby is a hottie...your girls are beautiful and your post is so sweet. My DH has that "biker" look about him, but he's a teddy bear, so I know what you mean..looks can be deceiving. Happy Birthday to your DH!!

Teresa

My Colonial Home said...

Awwww Sandy - what a great story.
The picture of them is just beautiful. I love the girls dresses. Very elegant.
Happy Birthday!
Karen

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Sandy,

That is a beautiful tribute to your obviously wonderful hubby! Happy Birthday to him! I love the pictures of him with his girls!

Tammy

CatHerder said...

Happy birthday to your hubby! Its so nice to hear someone talk so wonderful about their spouse...i dont think there are many of us around lol!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

A wonderful tribute to your man, happy birthday to him!

Stush is the same...a very gentle, loving man, aren't we lucky?
Rondell

Back in the Day said...

I hope your dear hubby has a wonderful birthday!

Karen said...

What a sweet post to your hubby - he sounds like a wonderful person and your best friend.

Karen

JenW!~ said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby

Denise said...

Happy belated birthday to your dear hubby!

I love the pictue of your family.

Yankee Ridge Primitives said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your hubby:)

YES, I love snow, love love love it - but am sick of it at this point. Its not even so much the SNOW that Im sick of, just the cold I guess. So Spring is looking real good:)

Cant wait to see your pics:)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday to your hubby! That is a beautiful photo!
Your girls are so pretty and he is very handsome.
Also a Happy Birthday wish to your daughter. I hope both of them had wonderful, special days.