As I mentioned in my previous blog, my husband spoiled me with a wonderful day and a delicious supper. Everyone came to our house for the meal and enjoyed themselves so much. Hubby cooked and cleaned all day! And then hit the hay early because he was burnt out. Now he gets to see what my day consists of each and every day...lol
After showing my neighbor my frames that I had made she called me with a idea of her own. Wanting to know if I could help her make one. She had such a wonderful idea...I made a invitation in a frame for a Mother's Day brunch. I was able to take a close up so you can read what she wanted written. I was quite pleased with how it turned out.
I also babysat over the weekend a friends daughter. To my delight when they came to pick up their daughter Sunday they brought a wonderful handmade gift. A bird feeder made from a log and old barn boards. I have been wanting one for so long and now I have one of my own. My little birdie friends have been enjoying it ever since I put it outside.
Over the weekend I also received a frame that I ordered online...oh it is so beautiful! Made the same way as a penny rug would be. Sadly when it arrived the glass was broken BUT that is OK because to me it looks fine with out one. I found the right spot for it in my dining area.
And last but not least I also received my WINNINGS in the mail. Awhile back I put my name in for a drawing over at the "Olde Prairie Register". I had won this beautiful bottle cap necklace. Now I just need to find the right spot for it.
Well I am off to work a bit outside. We have yet another beautiful warm day here. I hope everyone has a nice rest of the day.
Sandy
4 comments:
What a lovely post. Glad to know that you're still enjoying some special treats...
What wonderful handmades/gifts/prizes!!! Nice to get them all in a grouping!!! Everything looks great in your home! Have a great day!
Just beautiful...have a great day too!
blessings Rondell
i love you school bench at the top of the page!! so cute!
Post a Comment