Friday, May 23, 2008

Rain...Rain...Go Away...

Today was another rainy day...YUCK!
It has rained here all week with many thunderstorms. One positive thing about all this rain is that the grass is turning green, a good sign of summer;)
With all this rain it has brought out all the creepy crawlies...Worms...they are crawling all over the tar...another YUCK! I am not much of a fan when it comes to worms. I actually find them to be very disgusting and they stink. Thank God I did not have boys and my girls are girly girls. I have no worries of them bringing in any bugs and surprising me. I have the ultimate biggest fear of ANY KIND of insect!!!

So since I can not go outside and do any work, I have been slowly preparing for a Wedding Shower that I will be hosting for my Best Friend. 99% of the gifts to be won are homemade, so I have been keeping myself busy this week with that instead. Today I decided to make "Vanilla & Chocolate Bath Cookies". I got the recipe from "Briarpatchprim’s Weblog". She can be located in my Fav Blogs. She has alot of different things that you can do and some really neat ideas. I altered the recipe a tad bit though...I added oatmeal to the Vanilla Bath Cookies, so I will call mine "Oatmeal Vanilla Bath Cookies" and for the chocolate ones I added chocolate cocoa. They both smell soooo GOOD! I also made some homemade tags to attach to the bags of these bath cookies. What I want to do with them is to put them in some decorative bags and put them with two white towels that will have "HIS" & "HERS" embroidered on them. I thought that would be a really cute gift to be won and if I won it, I would be so happy! These bath cookies make the most perfect gift for just about anything, as stated in Briar Patch's Blog.

I should be going for now to finish up the cookies and get supper ready for the family. Now what to eat...

Have a joyous, sunny weekend :-)
Sandy

2 comments:

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Have a great weekend Sandy!!~Wendy Oh and those cookies look so good!!! :0)

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Those bath cookies look wonderful! Good luck with the wedding shower! It sounds like it's going to be a great success!

Have a great weekend,
Tammy