Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My new BUT old desk & chair.

Well here we are Wednesday! Where does the time go?
I had to take my Baby to school to meet her Teacher for this coming fall. She was shy with everyone but really liked it. The Teacher said she did well other then feeling lost without her Mommy. Then there is my oldest who will begin Grade 6. She is no longer a little girl. They are both growing so fast! Boy will it feel weird not having any kids at home this coming fall. What will I do with myself...lol.

We then will be taking off tomorrow to take my oldest daughter to catch the plane. She is heading out for two weeks to Toronto to visit with my husbands sister...her Godmother. It will be some quiet in the house with only one child here. Abby sure will miss her big sister while she is gone.

I want to Thank everyone for the compliments for my bathroom. I do really love it! At first my bedroom my favorite room in the house BUT now I think it is my bathroom...lol. For those who would like to see the picture closer just click on the picture and you will get a larger pic. When I posted the pictures yesterday I forgot to post one of the side view of my cabinet. It turned out so well that I will be refinishing all the cabinet that way.

The next photos I just couldn't wait to show everyone...my husband built me a desk that attaches to the wall. We have a heat register right under neath so I couldn't have anything with four legs. I just LOVE it! He did a wonderful job. It only took him a hour to put it together. The top of it was saved from a old dresser that was falling apart. It makes the perfect top for the desk. I then asked him to build the legs shaker style. It turned out just the way I wanted it to. Then there is the chair...oh I fell so in love with it. I went over to someone's house to have them build me a cabinet to house all my little kitchen appliances and seen this chair sitting there. She told me she was selling it for $15 dollars. Do you think I could leave it behind??? NOT!!! It goes so well my desk! So all in all I got away cheap with my desk. The wood my husband used for the desk was wood that we had for years.


Well I must run so I can get everything ready to leave for tomorrow. We are spending the night in Fredericton because my daughter catches the plane to early in the morning for us to only leave on Friday.

I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday and will check back in tomorrow to show my projects that I have been working on before I leave.

Until tomorrow...Sandy

5 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

What a great idea for the desk! I'll have to remember that one.

hugs, Linda

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

More fabulous ideas and prim eye candy! What fun!

Enjoy your semi empty nest. Having only one often feels like it's own mini vacation. I hope everyone enjoys their special plans.

Safe travels...

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I love the beadboard in the bathroom! And the desk was a wonderful solution to the radiator! Looks great! I just love that shelf above the desk!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I love your desk! I wouldn't have left it behind either! It looks great...perfectly prim!
~ Tammy

Unknown said...

I love the desk! Shoot I love everything you have done, I am envious :)