Wednesday, August 6, 2008

CaNdY cOrN oRnIeS & pAy It FoWaRd


As promised here are my Candy Corn Ornies. I think they turned out rather well BUT I could of grubbied them up a little more I think. They are grubbied but it does not show all that well in the picture. Maybe I will try some more again tomorrow. They were easy to make and I got the pattern free off of the internet. On the pattern the name is not written and I forget exactly who again had it posted. These candy corns have got me thinking that I will begin next week making some more things for fall. I have tons of fall patterns! Some look to be so fun and easy to make.

And next on the agenda...
Marie from "A little bit of Country on the Shore" posted this "Pay it forward" on her blog this morning and I decided to take on the challenge and thought it would be alot of fun :)

This is how it works: I will send a gift of my choice to the first 3 people who leaves a comment on my blog requesting to join this "Pay it forward" exchange.

YOU MUST make the same pledge on your blog! So, if you want some goodies from me and you are willing to do the same on your blog, do let me know! I will need your email address so we can correspond to eachother for mailing address's so I can get your little goodies out in the mail.

So LET'S PAY IT FORWARD!

Today turned out to be a sunny but cool day. Felt more like fall and it is suppose to be like this for the remainder of the week. We have decided that we are going to take a few days and go away with the girls. Our friend who lives in Fredericton has invited us down to his house. So on Saturday we will head out to his house and explore a bit around town. It is difficult for hubby to get some time off work so we will take just a four day vacation and try to make the most of it as possible. The girls are looking forward to it and to be honest so am I. It will also do some good for my husband ;)

So have a blessing evening and I will check back again soon :)

Sandy

10 comments:

JenW!~ said...

http://homespunfromtheheart-cindy.blogspot.com/2008/06/free-fall-ornies-pattern.html
Not sure where you got your ornies but here is one that I found.

BTW don't count me for pay it forward I already did it on another blog. But I do love the idea.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I'd love to try this!!! Count me in, I'll post it on my blog later today...right now I have to get ready to watch the girls:)
Have a great day!
rondell1951(at)hotmail(dot)com
*Rondell*

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Great ornies... I don't hink I better take on anything else right now I am quite overwhelmed as it is. Great idea though.

Mary

Anonymous said...

I made candy corn ornies for a giveaway last year. I didnlt ahve a pattern, I just drew them ot. They are easy and turn out cute. Your's are adorable!
Please do not include me in the PIF. I'd like to do it, but with my Dad's health, I never know where I am going to be and for how long. It's hard to plan anything these days.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Those are so cute!! And are they on your new piece? It looks awesome - I am so happy for you.

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Such sweet ornies, Sandy! I can't wait to see more of your creations!

Are you looking forward to fall, too?

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I love your candy corn! It's fun seeing all these wonderful fall prims!! Have a great weekend!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Sandy,

Your candy corn ornies are cute! That whole arrangement looks good!

Have a great evening!
Tammy

Sandy said...

I have one PIF...I need two others...it will be so much fun :)
I hope to get two others.

Catty Wampus said...

Sandy; if you don't have enough PIF's I'll do it; just tell me how and I'm in! Love the ornies! You can visit my blog or email me at wheretheblackbirdssing@gmail.com
Merrie