Wednesday, August 27, 2008

WhAtChA wOrKiNg On WeDnEsDaY

I have decided to join in this week on "Whatcha Working On Wednesday" with all the other girls. I hope no one minds...

Today hubby and I were busy fixing and painting my kitchen. Over two years ago we changed our patio doors due to major problems...ant problems at that. The old doors were all rotted...anyways long story short, the walls around the doors were never painted after the replacement. It looked a mess but I kept it hidden with curtains and decorations. So today hubby decided to jump in full swing to patch up some spots and repaint the kitchen area. Gotta love him for that since I have been waiting for well over two years.

This is what it looked like BEFORE...notice the green down in the bottom corner???
You can't see in this picture but along the sides of the patio doors was a mess because our new doors are smaller then the old ones. So hubby had alot of work ahead of him.

AFTER...all repainted and all my decorations placed back. It looks so awesome now. We even changed the color of paint and I'm liking it with the other colors. The color change I find does not show up as much here then in real view. But there is a difference in color.BEFORE...Here we had to patch a hole because my bathtub was leaking upstairs and it just so happens it was in the kitchen. So DH had to cut into the wall to repair it. And since he had to do that, of course it had to be repainted.
AFTER...and now here it is all patched up and painted. The cupboards and back splash stand out more with the color I chose. I am so happy to actually be able to take one thing off of my to-do list...yeah!
And since we got this project all done before the end of the day I was able to complete another fall item that I had cut out from last week. It is the flat black cat head. I think he looks so cute and just wondering how he will look in my Halloween Tree. Well I will soon find out since Fall is just around the corner and we will soon be decorating. I am actually getting really excited to start decorating. A change I guess...
Tomorrow morning I have a Doctor's Appointment with a Eye Specialist then I will be back home and try finishing another project that I started awhile back. I will make sure to post pictures if I am able to complete it.

Until next time...
Sandy

9 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Hi Sandy,

I love how your kitchen has turned out! It looks like several of us have been working on kitchens...we must be getting it out of the way before the holidays! What color are your curtains....from the picture, I wasn't sure if they were burgundy or black. Everything looks really pulled together nicely! I love it!

Tammy

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Isn't i great to be able to finbish up things that have been left undone. I'm still waiting to finish up a few, but I try not to bug hubby about them, but I want them done.

Great job!

Mary

ohiofarmgirl said...

Love your wall color. I am thinking of stripping our wallpaper and going with some paint myself...but not today.LOL
I love your candy corns...did they sell? I will be back soon. Dianntha

Anonymous said...

WOw! You got a lot done in one dya! The kitchen looks awesome and I know you are so happy to have it finished!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Everything looks terrific, Sandy! Isn't it nice to cross things off of that never-ending to-d- list?

Have a great day!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

It looks wonderful! Just in time for all the fall decorating too. Good luck at your appointment.

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

I love it!! you all did a great job!!!I have I also love your black cat its adorable!! Have a great day!~Wendy

plain*worker*primitives said...

Sandy, I am so sorry!! I have linked back to you :)

Love the lighted goodies you have above your patio doors, I also love your black cat, he is just too cool! I am wanting to start my fall decorating now, I like to do my yard stuff first but I think it may be a little to soon for that just yet.
Take care,
melissa

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Love the new paint color. The patio doors look great with your curtains and how you have them decorated above...just wonderful!