Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Busy with a little bit of Everything :)

Hi Everyone!

I haven't posted for a few days because to be completely honest I basically did nothing all week. I was quite played out from such a fabulous wedding that I took it easy all last week. So I did a little research on my family genealogy. I enjoy it so much and find it to be quite relaxing. When I am researching I don't think of anything else other then my work. And of course I get really excited when I find new information.

But I started feeling guilty, so today I baked all day for my darling husband.
He went picking blueberries on Sunday with his mom, sister and Tabitha and asked me to make the maple syrup blueberry muffins that Colleen over at http://www.andbabymakesfive-colleen.blogspot.com posted awhile back on her blog.
Those muffins are to die for! Everyone must run over and get her recipe because they are the best! And since I was in the baking mood I also made these mini-chocolate chip muffins. My youngest, Abigayle just loves these ones. You will also see a raspberry pie in the background...well that was not made by me. Hubby also picked fresh raspberries and decided to make his faboulous homemade pie. Talk about delicious ;) We had that for desert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. So now we should be good for a few days but not sure how long ALL of this will last since hubby has a very sweet tooth...lol
The recipe for the mini-chocolate chip muffins is so simple to make and they take no time at all. If you want something sweet and to make quickly you have to try these;

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3 ounces sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup mini-chocolate chips

Heat oven at 350 degrees.
Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
Beat Egg.
Add sour cream to the flour mixture.
Add the milk, oil and chocolate chips, stir and pour into greased muffin tins.
Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched.
This recipe makes many mini-muffins, about 30 of them. Great bite size treats :)

I then have to share with you my lovely dresser that was given to me by my best friend. Sadly her Grandmother passed away about a month ago...it was a very difficult time for friend since she was extremely close to her. Her Grandmother was like her second Mother. The family had to clean out the house and get it ready to sell. But there was this beautiful dresser left over and my friend knows how much I love older furniture so she asked if I would like it and she knows I would treasure and take good care of it. I took the dresser over to the same people who made my cabinet and asked them to fix it up for there were a couple of chips on the drawers and also if they could paint and distress it. They did such a faboulous job as usual. I requested to have it painted in black and placed it in my bedroom as extra storage. I just love how it turned out. Take a look for yourselves...

BEFORE...

AFTER...
This will be a piece that I will treasure for years to come. I thanked my friend so much, how thoughtful of her.

I also got busy making some candy corn ornies. Forgot to snap a pic of them so I will save that for another day. They turned out quite nice and I thought they will make cute gifts for the girls teachers this fall for Halloween. Both girls teachers LOVE primitive items so it will be easy making gifts for them this year.

Well I guess I should sign off and look at getting ready for bed. I hope tomorrow will be a nice day because we have had 4-5 days straight of rain. It gets pretty gloomy when you can't go outside to do anything. I want some more hot weather and sun before fall sets in. So hopefully tomorrow will be a sunny day! I hope the sun is shining whereever you live.

Until next time...Sandy

10 comments:

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Yummy!!!! Everything looks so good. I am a pie freak.

You dresser looks fabulous. I have a very hard time painting over old furniture, but one day I will.

Mary

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

The dresser looks great distressed like that! How nice to know someone who can do that for you. It fits perfectly in that spot too.

Anonymous said...

Your baked goods look so good! Gotta try those recipes!
And I love how your dresser turned out. What a sweet & thoughtful friend!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

The dresser turned out great! I like that saltbox print on the wall!! Very nice!

All the goodies sound real good. I wish I could one of those muffins for breakfast right now. :)

Quick question. I've been reading all over blogs this past spring about teacher gifts everywhere!! When I was growing up the teacher got a gift for Christmas only. I know teachers do a lot for our kids and so appreciate it!! Is is proper etiquette now to give gifts to them every now and then. I've read now a teacher gift for beginning of school, end of school, and now every holiday. Wow! I have one more year before Kellon goes to kindergarden, I just want to make sure I understand what's nice for the teachers. :)

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Oh hubby must be in "sweet" heaven!!:0) I am going to have to try Colleens recipe soon!!
Your dresser came out great!! Have a great day!!~Wendy

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Your dresser looks wonderful, Sandy!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the muffins! We always seem to have a batch or two (many varieties) baked up and ready to eat.

I hope the sun comes out for you...

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

I absolutely love how the dresser turned out!

lms said...

wow....you did a great job on that dresser...looks colonial now...kudos to you..

Back in the Day said...

I love the dresser! You did a great job! I love giving new life to old stuff!

Dawn said...

The dresser looks fabulous!! You did a great job priming it out. That is always so fun to do! Dawn