Friday, October 10, 2008

It'S mY pArTy AnD i'Ll CrY iF i WaNt To...

can't believe that my birthday has come and gone yet another year. Where does the time go??? You never believe people when they tell you to enjoy time because it just flies by. Well now that I am older...they were not kidding. I have no idea where did the last 35 years go. But I am enjoying it that is for sure...I have two wonderful daughters and the best husband to ride along with me.

This morning I woke it to Tabitha standing on my side of the bed all excited to give me her gift. She made this wonderful pillow all by herself. I can't believe it...I think she sews much better then I. The top right hand corner she embroidered my initial "S" and in the bottom left hand corner she sewed a little pouch which is holding some sweet annie. I just love it!!! Thanks Tabitha...it's a GREAT gift!
I then received this wonderful lamp from my husband. I have been wanting one for quite sometime and I think it looks great in my dry sink. It is made to look all rusty and has Willow Trees and Sheep going around the shade and the base of the lamp. Hubby also came home from work and made me a delicious pork chop on his green Egg (b-bque) and even did up the dishes. How sweet...how can I not love a guy like that???After supper I was able to get Mike to hang up my board game from Kindra. You see, I did not do it because I am quite short and my gameboard wall is in the stair casing. I did not trust myself to hang it for fear to fall down the stairs. Be my luck I would of fallen...

So ladies here is what my gameboard wall looks like today...
Kindra's gameboard is over in the bottom corner. It looks so great up there. And see, I still have room for a couple more games...hehe. Thanks Kindra!
Sunday we are going to my parents for a birthday supper and Thanksgiving. So I will be sure to bring along my camera to show you just how much our trees have changed colors. And hopefully we will see some wild life. At my parents they have deer that hang out all the time, little rabbits that are always all over the place and a beaver damn full of beavers. I told Dad that he is starting a animal zoo...LOL. Abby loves going out just to see all the animals.

I am off to hit the hay...due for my next infusion in the morning. I started a project that I going to work on while I am there since it does take 4 hours. I just may finish it all there you never know. So I will post how I came along after a long morning.

So until tomorrow have a great evening!

Sandy

15 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!! What beautiful gifts you got from your family. That was so sweet of your daughter to handmake such a precious keepsake.

Wow! I guess you have a gameboard wall! It is quite impressive!

I hope your treatment goes well for you tomorrow. I wish you only the best!

Raggedy Angel said...

I am finding that the sweetest people were born in October!
Have a wonderful Day! Beth

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Happy Birthdy to you, Sandy! What sweet gifts you received...love the game board wall.

CozyGirl said...

Happy Birthday ! You got some wonderful gifts and I love your gameboard wall ! Have a great day !
Janae

Pam B said...

Happy Birthday Sandy! What a sweet present from your daughter. And I LOVE your gameboard wall, how pretty!

JenW!~ said...

Happy Birthday. The gameboard looks great hanging with all the others. How sweet of your family to do all the for you. The pillow is a treasure for sure and thats a great looking lamp.

Leslie said...

Happy Be-Lated Birthday! What wonderful gifts you got and what a special day :)

Nice gameboard wall! I have two that I painted a few years ago and I keep trying to find a third to fit underneath the buck mount that is beside the other two but I want something different and I just haven't figured it out yet. Someday...when I have a basement and can have a family room I would love to have a wall of gameboards!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Leslie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like it's off to a great start! What a sweet gift from your daughter and hubby too!
And girl, I am jonesing all those awesome gameboards and your dry sink! LOL!
Have a great birthday weekend!

millerhomestead said...

Happy Birthday!!! I like the gifts you received. I really like your dry sink too! Have a blessed day and come visit me. I am pretty new to blog land still!

basketsnprims said...

Sandy, what a lucky girl you are. You got some awesome gifts & your gameboard wall is just wonderful. Happy Birthday to you!

Pam

Julie said...

I love your wall of gameboards--what a great idea. Happy, happy birthday to you. Julie

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you,Happy Birthday to Sandy, Happy Birthday to you! (be very glad you can't actually hear me singing! LOL)

What sweet gifts. Enjoy your dinner and Thanksgiving weekend.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you and hope your day was a special one. Your pillow is adorable and what a treasure that will be. LOVE your new lamp as well along with your dry sink - to cute. What a cool game board wall you've created - a great way to fill up those walls on the steps. Cute board from Kindra.

Hope your treatment went well.

Hugs - Karen

Back in the Day said...

Well Happy Birthday to you! So sorry I am late on it! Your gameboard wall is amazing!