Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What's a Girl to do...

It is feeling more and more like Fall around here every day.
I love seeing all the different fall colors BUT know that Winter is just around the corner. I look forward to Christmas...seeing the kids faces, trying to keep secrets on everyone's gift and most of all decorating. BUT after Christmas I wish that Spring would come already. For the months of January, February and March it gets to be very very cold and TONS of snow. It feels so very long and I don't go out much just due to the fact the weather is so horrible. And what depresses me already is that they are saying this Winter is suppose to worst then last year. Can that be possible???

On a happier thought...I went shopping :)))
What was I suppose to do??? I received money for my birthday and was strictly told that I was to purchase something for me! So what do you think I purchased??? Well of course some decorations for the house. I know it was suppose to be for me and the decorations are for the house but in my eyes it is still for me.

When I saw this beautiful piece of pottery like jug...I fell in love with it!!! There was a set of four and I sure wish I could of purchased all four but stuck to my budget and only got one. Maybe someday I can get a couple more :) And then when I saw this bench, I just loved it. I have been looking for something like it and thought it would be perfect on my antique table. What do you think of this CUTE Halloween Decoration? The store was having 30% off on all Fall/Halloween Decorations and NO TAX so I scooped this piece up right away. And last but not least I just love these little wax tarts for my tartwarmer. The lady who owns the store makes her very own candles and she has this one scent "Home Sweet Home" that I am so addicted to. The smell is just awesome and goes through out the house. So over all I thought I did rather well with my birthday money and got myself some pieces that I am pleased with :)
I was trying to get a picture of the top of the bench until my Abigayle said she wanted to be part of the picture. She LOVES the camera...
And last but not least I received a wonderful Blog Award. Not once, not twice BUT three times!!! What a happy feeling when I saw this :))))
Jenn from Bittersweet Prims was the first who nominated me but she also was the one who made the Award. How beautiful! Then Jamie from The Miller Homestead
was the next to nominate me and lastly Tammy from The Olde Hollow Crow . I want to THANK EACH EVERYONE OF YOU for such a wonderful Award!!!

I never imagined that I would meet such wonderful and nice people when I began blogging and I am so touched everytime I receive an award from one of you. But yet again, thanks ladies for nominating me.

The only rule is that I have to nominate 6 other people for this award. But after visiting many blogs I think almost everyone has received it by now. So I nominate anyone who has yet received such a wonderful award. So if you have yet received this award go ahead and grab it, you have been nominated.

Well hubby leaves me tomorrow morning for Atlanta for a "Big Green Egg" Festival. He will be home by supper time Monday. He will be missed ALOT by me and of course the girls, they are both Daddy's Girls! Mike is a big help around the house especially when I am having my bad days. So this will be a long 5 day trip for all his girls that he is leaving behind. But I am happy that he is going because he doesn't get away much and he deserves this mini vacation.

For those of you who do not know what a Big Green Egg is, it is our B-Que. You can bake, broil and b-que on this thing. Mike has made us many, many wonderful meals from fresh Salmon to really tasting chicken right down to a wonderful chocolate cake...oh YUMMY!!! The food tastes awesome on it! It is in the shape of a Egg but Green. On the outside it is made of glass and the inside stoneware. They are a bit popular here in Canada but most known in the States. This festival brings in around 4000 people from all over the states and some from Canada. They have cook offs and lots of parties. Here is a picture of what it looks like.
Mike is in the cooking contest which will be held on Friday. He is feeling very nervous because he knows no one other then from internet. He will be cooking homemade sausages made from Moose meat. YUCK if you ask me but everyone around here has loved Mikes sausages made by him. I am not a big meat eater myself...I only eat pork and chicken and will not eat a animal that you shot. But that is just me. So he was really busy on getting the papers all in order to cross this moose meat over the border. I know he is looking forward to all the fun. I wish him the best of luck but most of all for him to relax and enjoy himself. When he gets there he will be meeting up with many people that he has met over the internet and has had contact with these people for the past couple of years. They call themselves the "Eggers". So something similar to blogging but they have a forum instead where they all chit chat and share care packages and cooking ideas. He is quite excited to be able to have the opportunity to meet quite a few people with whom he has chatted with. Oh lucky him for that. I wish I could have the opportunity to meet all you of wonderful ladies. Boy we could share some wonderful stories. But heih...never know maybe someday we will meet.

I must run to double check and make sure he has packed EVERYTHING and then hit the hay so I will be up very, very early to wish him a fair well.

So until next time ladies...we are half way through the week until the weekend.

Sandy

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I always purchase something for me that is something for the house...but, that is eye candy for us decorators!...so, just remember you just went and purchased candy for yourself...that Is what I always tell everyone!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love you buys, the jug and stool are awesome, you will have to show pics of where you put them:)I hope your DH has a nice relaxing time:)
Rondell

Kimberly said...

Birthday money is so fun to spend! I love your choices... especially the bench!
Blessings, Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Love your new goodies, especially the bench! Too cute! Love the jug too. I'm glad you were able to get something for yourself that you love.
I hope Mike has a nice trip and enjoys his time with teh Eggers. He will be about 2 hours from me. I never heard of Green Eggs though. Is it like a smoker?
Have a gerat day!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

I love everything you bought with your birthday money, especially the bench!

basketsnprims said...

I love your new goodies and can't wait to see where you put them. Be sure and post pics for us. I hope your husband has lots of fun.
Pam

Leslie said...

What wonderful goodies you found :) Love them all.

Have a wonderful day :)


Leslie

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Love that bench! And I have seen those jugs at our local prim store. I hope to buy one or two sometime...they are so darn prim and cute!!

Good luck to Mike with his green egg! I hope he takes home the gold! Or is it a ribbon...or even better a cash prize! But I bet he will have a great time either way!

Thanks for your ideas on $ saving x-mas gifts! My side of the family decided a few years ago that we pick a name to give a gift to instead of everyone...that was worked out great. I don't know what we will do this year.

CozyGirl said...

I love the prim goodies you bought~great choices!
Janae

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I am with you - stuff for the house is stuff for me too! You got some wonderful new treasures.

I hope your DH comes home refreshed and with lots of new recipes to make for you!

Back in the Day said...

Sandy, I am so jealous! I am loving the bench . . . and the jug. . .to die for! I know you will be going back for the rest of the pieces to complete your set!

Kimberly said...

Hi Sandy,
I would LOVE to have an Etsy store, and I have TRIED to have an Etsy store... but every time I get all organized and prepared to start, my computer won't allow me to upload photos to Etsy because they're too large. Etsy emailed me and told me what to do but all I understood was "Hi". So that's where I'm at and that's why I now accept paypal over at my blog. Most of the things I post are for sale and I most definitely take orders... but I can't commit to more orders before Christmas.
So... just let me know if you like anything in particular, and we can go from there!
Have a great night! Kimberly

Raggedy Angel said...

I love that bench....I want to make one of those!
That egg is very intresting....I love to Grill! Good Luck to him!
Beth

Anonymous said...

What an awesome Halloween decoration. Love it.

Something Nice and Pretty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.